Review of iPhone 3G

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
The concept of magnatune is right, but its going to fail (or at least not be as successful as the iTunes Store), mainly because the catalog sucks. No big music label is going to allow their content to be published by this kind of store, and that's the hard truth.

Even if it worked out, where's the integration? Where the iTunes store is built right into the iPhone and iTunes, this thing is obviously going to require a separate software or use it via the browser.

And third, have you taken a look at their site design? Phew!

Now iTunes is going DRMfree (albeit very slowly). There's a lot of tracks right now with the iTunesPlus stamp.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^
Yes site design sucks !

But I hope that such things do come up and stay. I don't actually visit their website, everything is integrated into Rhythmbox Media Player, I can search through artists, genre, album through rhythmbox.

I enjoy listening to and exploring new music in Magnatune and Jamendo.

There may be some other players in widows or mac which have such plugin.

Jamendo's site design is better and polished. If not for decade, am sure that more and more consumers/artists will recognize the better alternative gradually.

Can you imagine MS to be wiped out within few years, its almost blasphemy. But yeah in the meantime more people will migrate to better OSes. Same thing applies to the music distribution services.

Vishal Patil

Linux all the way
Whats the use of paying 31K for 8 GB n 36K for 16 GB if you cannot forward messages. Better a phone worth 1.5K

By the way absence of physical keyboard doesn't seem a point to be discussed.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, because the iPhone’s virtual keyboard is far better than most physical keyboards on handheld devices.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^^hahahaha.

joke of the century.

I do belive you said that :)

It cannot stand before ANY blackberry phone's keypad or any HTC phone's keypad.

PS: Talking about phones with full qwerty keypad.

Last edited:

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Iphone is cool just used it is not a FEATURE RICH phone but it is more of a style statement phones. And the mms cost in india is so much that i hardly think many peoples uses them

bluetooth is a deal breaker for sure.

btw can anybody tell me with the third party app what is the resolution of the video recorded ?

well the included features are enough for many other countries.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^^hahahaha.

joke of the century.

No use fighting with him....

Remember that pershenator (sorry for wrong spelling) ?? Its the same case here :).

goobimama

 Macboy
^^^hahahaha.

joke of the century.

First of all the touch screen of the iPhone is way different from any other phone. It is a capitative touchscreen against the HTC and other's pressure sensitive one. So typing doesn't require one to apply any pressure making it really easy and fast.

Secondly the auto correct feature, is simply mindblowing. Note, without the auto correct I would be typing gibberish (makes it hard to type passwords).

sakumar79

Technomancer
@goobi, does iphones autocorrect feature work with indian slangs (hinglish, etc) and local dialects written in english? Can it learn new words?

Arun

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ Whoops! Wrong costume!

@sakumar: No. Typing hindi and such is a little difficult. At least initially one has to stop all the auto correct stuff from popping out so it can learn the words.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
@goobi, does iphones autocorrect feature work with indian slangs (hinglish, etc) and local dialects written in english? Can it learn new words?

Arun
Yes, it does learn them but trying to type in anything other than English is still going to drive you up the wall.

I type in English 90% of the time though and it’s, beyond a shadow of doubt, the fastest I’ve ever been able to type on a mobile device. I’ve typed on a Blackberry before (the model that preceded the Pearl), a few Nokia Communicators, and the iMate JasJar (but not on the HTC phones) and none of them comes close to the iPhone, even with their full QWERTY physical keyboards and all.

Yes, I know that sounds impossible, specially coming from a fanboy like me, but it’s the truth (and I don’t give a damn whether these guys believe it or not). And if the word of a raging fanboy and utterly biased person is not convincing enough for you (Really? Oh come on, just because I’m a fanboy doesn’t mean I don’t have feelings! :p), check out this tweet by Anupam Gupta, a non-technophile, non-Apple fanboy, iPhone user with sausages for fingers. In his own words, the iPhone’s keyboard is “phenomenal”.

Hence, proved. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom