anshumanvenkatesh

Right off the assembly line
I have a 32-bit Win 7 running in my laptop. The resume feature is not being supported by my system for almost all applications like Idm, Fdm, iTunes, Firefox download etc. I have tried reinstalling each of them, but it doesn't work. Please help.

PS: I dont want to reinstall my OS.

enVolt

Broken In
Try re-installing IDM, and please describe your problem a little more, what error is showing, and if possible upload a screen shot , and also tell which link you are trying to download

OP
A

anshumanvenkatesh

Thanks for replying. FDM and IDM do not show me any error, but they show Resume capability as no on ALL DOWNLOADS. I checked from my friend's laptop, he is getting resume support on almost all downloads. We share the same network host (college wifi) and same version of IDM. iTunes shows me error (-50) whenever I try to resume any paused download (Whenever I do the same on my friend's lappy, it gets resumed; again same version of iTunes). Please help, this is really bugging me!

Minion

Conversation Architect
Try Flashget 3.5 from filehippo.

and don't download latest one it has some bugs causes BSOD.

Some server don't allow you to download a file generally after 24 hrs.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I have a 32-bit Win 7 running in my laptop. The resume feature is not being supported by my system for almost all applications like Idm, Fdm, iTunes, Firefox download etc. I have tried reinstalling each of them, but it doesn't work. Please help.

PS: I dont want to reinstall my OS.

Offtopic:
That made me giggle! :lol: Sorry! :oops:

While the ultimate answer to any problem in Windows is mostly "reinstall", but not everytime! :p

dude_gamer

Half Life2-Follow Freeman
IDM is the best for resume download but its not freeware.

Scan your whole system with updated antivirus.
Try Ccleaner to clean dump,temp files As well as fix registry.

If problem still persist then reinstall is the only Solution.

OP
A

anshumanvenkatesh

Offtopic:
That made me giggle! :lol: Sorry! :oops:

While the ultimate answer to any problem in Windows is mostly "reinstall", but not everytime! :p

Would have been better if u could offer offer any constructive solutions. I have tried asking to many many tech savvy ppl to solve this, but all it resulted was in a reply that included OS reinstall as the only option. If this post continues let us see how many reinstall replies I'll get. Have already got one (hirenjp)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Would have been better if u could offer offer any constructive solutions. I have tried asking to many many tech savvy ppl to solve this, but all it resulted was in a reply that included OS reinstall as the only option. If this post continues let us see how many reinstall replies I'll get. Have already got one (hirenjp)

Well, first I had already declared by post being an offtopic post.
Second, I did say "sorry" in advance for not putting up any constructive solution.
Thirdly, the way you put that request, "really" made me laugh! :p

As long as your problem is concerned, you are not getting your downloads resumed in "any" of the softwares including IDM!
So, there is only two probable causes:
Either you are downloading something from a server which doesn't support resuming from the backend itself. So no matter what software you use it wont resume.
In which case you can try downloading from sites like filehippo.com, which we are sure that it supports resuming.

Or, if your PC is not even able to resume downloading from filehippo.com, then your system is seriously effed up, and needs mending.
In this case you have to mend your PC on a serious level which includes the probability to reinstall the entire OS. :)

dude_gamer

Half Life2-Follow Freeman
@OP: Have you done virus scan & Ccleaner to clean dump files,registry clean?
If problem still not solved & you do not want to reinstall OS then repair it.(give a try if repair works).

Last edited:

trublu

Ta da !
Probably you are trying to download from websites where resume function is not supported, there are many file-sharing sites where this is the case. In that case, no matter what you use, you won't be able to pause/resume downloads.

Btw, did you have a look at the offline/online help for the download manager? That could offer you some solution.

Top Bottom