Restricting IN USER permissions/Password Protecting Commands

Hello Digitians,
I am using a Laptop at my home, that is like used by cousins as well ..so more or less it becomes a " Public " entity even if its at home.
So the thing is I use uTorrent to download my stuff.. and Incidently my cousins come and stop the torrent/Delete my files etc.

I DONOT want to create a new account on my laptop.
So the thing i am looking for is , that can i password protect commands like "Delete"/"Uninstall"/"Copy" ???:|
If u guys can think of some better solution/Software kindly help me on this !!:cool:

Thanks a lot in advance frnds !! :)

gameranand

Living to Play
One option is to restrict the modification of particular file or folder by any user and use the Laptop as a standard user rather than administrator.

Alien

Journeyman
Try Deluge, it has password protect option as far as i know.. Have never used it though..

OP
N

niraj trehan

Dr.Geek
Use any folder locking software if another account is not an option.
Folder locking will restict them from opening a folder , but what about a certain program ? like utorrent ? i cant b locked ? hence cud be removed /unintsalled ! no?

One option is to restrict the modification of particular file or folder by any user and use the Laptop as a standard user rather than administrator.

can u elaborate ur suggestion a bit more ?

gameranand

Living to Play
Well you can right click on any folder and then select Security Tab from properties and modify the user modification through that.
For you its better to just hide the taskbar icon of Utorrent. Search this forum, I remember that someone else also asked this question and I gave the answer but don't remember the thread or the procedure. Just search for How to hide Utorrent and you should get the thread. :)

Top Bottom