Restore the blue background look and remove password asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

anubhavj1

Broken In
This is not really a problem but rather is about the view of the computer.But still it is irritating.

Initially the computer used to start and shut down properly in a more graphical type of mode rather than dialog box mode(which is what is happening now).

The most clear change is when I choose Shut down then I get the option via a drop down menu for shut down,restart,standby etc.
But I want instead of this I should get the option with 3 buttons of Turn Off,Restart and the third one I think was standby or hibernate.
While I shut down the computer then I get all the messages like saving your settings,windows is shutting down in a dialog box based way whereas I actually want it in a more graphical way with blue background and all without dialog boxes as it was earlier.

Also whenever I boot up then I get the prompt of entering a password with the username 'New User' which is the main username for the computer. Although the password is nothing that is simply entering nothing and pressing enter does the job. But still the computer pauses till either OK is pressed or Enter is pressed by the keyboard. Earlier no such glitch occured and the comp. booted smoothly.

Also with the startup there is no welcome screen with a blue background which was the hallmark of starting up earlier.

I think one of my relatives tampered with network connections after which only the problem actually started occuring. But exactly what did he do, he also doesn't remember.

So basically I want to restore the previous look of the computer the one which did not have any dialog box involvement earlier and which had the blue background part of starting up and shutting down. And also to remove the problem of the computer asking for password at the startup.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Open Control panel -> User Accounts and click on "Change the way users log on to the system" link. Now make sure "Use Welcome Screen" option is enabled.

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Open Control panel -> User Accounts and click on "Change the way users log on to the system" link. Now make sure "Use Welcome Screen" option is enabled.
Before do this You need to uninstall the "services of .net", otherwise this will show this error.
To uninstall .net services follow the steps:
1.Click on start>Connect to> Show all connections
2.Open "Show all connection"> Right click on your any internet connection or network connection>Click on networking Tab>Here you will see "Services of the .net framework" like option in the "This connection uses the following items" list.
3. Choose "services of the .net.." and click on uninstall.
4. Restart your system.
5. Then follow the above mentioned steps.

chandal_keta

Broken In
i agree with u...enabling user welcome screen should solve ur problem...do reply if problem solved!!
waiting here

chandal

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
@Amir.PHP

Thats news to me. Why would you want to do that? What error will you receive? I have visual studio .net 2008 but I dont find any such service in the networking tab. Can you elaborate on this?

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
@Amir.PHP

Thats news to me. Why would you want to do that? What error will you receive? I have visual studio .net 2008 but I dont find any such service in the networking tab. Can you elaborate on this?

Dheeraj, actually i was forget to write that this solution is not for all. It is for those who have problem like abhinavj1.
We Only think about solution of the problem but not why this problem occured? I clearly not know and researching on it why this problem occured(Abhinavj1). Many times this problem occured when we try to create a new network connection.
It is not related on visual studio .net.
You have not find such service in the networking tab because at that time you have not this problem. But i think abhinavj will find such service in the networking tab.
I write it because if setting will not change by manually in abhinavj system then when he tried to set its previous settting, he definitly receive this messege by windows in xp "You must uninstall the .net services".
It is common thing and was see many times these problem on different systems as a software engineer.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Oh, okay... I'm still confused, but thanks for replying :) Do you know what the exact name of the service you are supposed to uninstall? because I couldnt find anything on google. Plus, what does .NET have to do with a network adapter?

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
I Find it. it is:
"Client services for netware".
not the .net services. Google it and surely you will found it in detail.
sory for saying .net services.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Yeah found it. Looks like it's an adapter which connects to NetWare and helps in file and printer sharing. Just like we have File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks. And it disables fast user switching and the welcome screen. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom