Restarts every now and then

Status
Not open for further replies.

aneesh kalra

Mclaren F1 Long tail
I recently purchased a zebronics nvidia 6200 agp 256 mb card but since then my computer has started restarting after an interval of 15-20 mins during normal web usage and not gaming.I have reinstalled the drivers and the card twice but it has been of no use. I have also heard after purchasing this card that the 6200 overheats however mine shows a temperature of 48 and the shutdown threshold of 145 is this causing the problem.My psu is rated at 300 w and is maufactured by some adcom. Surprisingly the nvidia drivers which were provided with the card were not xp sp2 compliant.So I installed the 93.71 version of the nvidia drivers provided alongwith the Dec 2006 cd of digit.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
My suggestion would be to remove the Graphics Card and use the computer for 30 Minutes
Check whether it restarts.
Revert back with the result

shaunak

Tux Fan
Looks like you power supply [smps] cant support all you hard ware. Consider getting atleast a 500Watts one.

---but first----

also try installing the newer nvidia drivers after removing the Optimising software that came with you card. I think its called "vtune".

Reinstall the drivers from nvidias site not from the cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom