Resident Evil 5 PC Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Capcom released the minimum and recommended system requirements for the upcoming PC version of Resident Evil 5

A few weeks ago, Capcom announced that the PC version of Resident Evil 5 will hit retail shelves on September 15 in North America, and September 18 in Europe. The new version will include a new and improved mercenaries mode with "three times as many" enemies, new costumes, and Nvidia's GeForce 3D Vision technology (wireless 3D Vision glasses sold separately). To promote the game's 3D goodness, Nvidia uploaded a stereo 3D tech demo (with benchmark) right here.

Today, however, CVG managed to gain access to the system requirements, listed below, showing both minimum and recommended:

OS
Windows 95: Not Supported
Windows 98: Not Supported
Windows Me: Not Supported
Windows NT: Not Supported
Windows 2000: Not Supported
Windows XP: Required
Windows Vista: Recommended

CPU
Minimum Requirement
Intel Pentium D Processor
AMD Athlon64 X2

Recommended
Intel Core 2 Quad Processor or better
AMD Phenom X4 or better

RAM
Minimum Requirement
Windows Vista (1 GB)
Windows XP (512 MB)

Recommended
Windows Vista (2 GB or more)
Windows XP (1 GB or more)

HDD
8.0 GB or more

Monitor
Minimum Requirement
800×600

Recommended
1280×720 or larger

Disc Drive
DVD9 compatible drive

Graphics Card
Minimum Requirement
VRAM (256 MB)
DirectX 9.0c / Shader 3.0
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series
ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro

Recommended
VRAM (512 or more)
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 series or better
ATI Radeon HD 4800 series or better

Sound Card
DirectSound Compatible (DirectX 9.0c or higher)

Interface
Required
Mouse & Keyboard
Gamepad

Recommended
Xbox360 Controller for Windows
Internet Broadband Connection

Source : *www.tomshardware.com/news/Resident-Evil-PC-Game-Nvidia,8345.html

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
cool. fits perfectly for my rig. But am not sure whether to get this or not. Never liked this series!!!

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
If you have X360 controller, you will definitely like it. No doubt about that. But the game is a survival horror. If you shoot a whole round of bullets at one zombie you will regret it. And if you think that you can ram into every one and shott'em, no it's not. You have to run away from the zombie to a safe distance and should start shotting them. Initially when i played RE4, i hated it because of the slow character control and gunplay. But later, i found the tip and haven't laid the controller till i have completed game. I doubt RE5 will be enjoyable as RE4.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
damn. another horror one. After Dead Space, need some time to get back to Horror genre. anyways, it will only be relased in Septemer. So, let's see. BTW, is it as good as F.E.A.R and Dead Space? :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
saw gameplay "*www.bing.com/videos/search?q=resident+evil+5+gameplay&qs=n&docid=1004745982266&mid=C914C78994EDF588CE55C914C78994EDF588CE55&FORM=VIVR2". looks good :)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
In terms of horror it's now way near to F.E.A.R. That's for sure. You'll not be feared by the creepy sounds or the red dressed girl or a flesh eating man. In RE you'll fear as you are running out of ammo or your health or by a mass group of zombies. And if you have decent skills in the gaming there will be nothing to be feared.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
FEAR isn't much big of a horror as compared to Dead Space. Damm game almost make me drop off my chair!

Although Resident Evil 5 is already in X360 & PS3 but the PC version will bring some of the additional goodies to it.
Yes this is not as good as RE4 but heck it does have an eye candy & worth playing 3-4 times.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The best fearful game I had ever played is nosfearatu. Man it's just soo awesome that
I just cannot compare any other game with it :p

I've played RE4 & it's sluggish control system was a annoying experience for me. Why they don't make this games control like max payne ( or any other TPP game ). So you can control your character with a mouse flawlessly.

If this control system will be solved in RE5 then I may consider buying it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom