Resident Evil 5 Officially announced for PC. Yipppeee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Woot! You heard it right. After being tight lipped & dodging all speculation, Capcom has finally announced one of their most anticipated game for this year, Resident Evil 5, coming to PC. :smile:

Statement:
Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that three of its blockbuster hit console games of 2009 will be coming to the PC beginning this summer. Bionic Commando, Street Fighter IV and Resident Evil 5 will all be coming to the PC, beginning in July with Street Fighter IV and Bionic Commando, while Resident Evil 5 comes later in the year. All three games will be optimized for the PC platform and will have new PC-specific features added to the already great games. Street Fighter IV has been rated T for Teen by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB), while Bionic Commando and Resident Evil 5 are both rated M for Mature. All three games will be available both at retail and via various digital distribution methods, including Capcom’s own e-store.

Street Fighter IV features a mix of returning favorites such as Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li and Guile along with new characters created for this game, such as Crimson Viper, Abel, El Fuerte, and Rufus. Characters and environments are rendered in stylized 3D, while the game is played in the classic Street Fighter 2D perspective with additional 3D camera flourishes. Instantly familiar six-button controls are the hallmark of the game, with a host of new special moves and features. Mixing classic genre-defining game mechanics the franchise is known and loved for with all-new, never-before-seen gameplay systems, Street Fighter IV brings a brand new fighting experience to fans the world over. The PC version of Street Fighter IV will feature online play, higher screen resolutions and three new shaders based on three of the “artistic” trailers released in 2008 that will change the visual appearance of the game: “watercolor,” “posterization” and “sumi-e ink” styles.

The first true sequel to the classic 1988 Nintendo Entertainment System original, Bionic Commando sees the return of the bionically-enhanced Nathan "Rad" Spencer. Time has not been kind to Spencer: 10 years after his heroic defeat of the Imperials, he has been betrayed by the government he swore to serve, imprisoned for crimes he didn't commit, and sentenced to death. Bionic Commando transposes the swing-and-shoot gameplay of the 8-bit original onto a stunning 3D environment of towering buildings, suspended roadways and monorails, deep canyons and sheer rock faces, where every environment is scalable using swinging, scaling, climbing and wall-walking techniques. The PC version of Bionic Commando will support higher resolutions than the console version, remappable controls including mouse and keyboard support, support for both DirectX9 and DirectX 10 and online connectivity for multiplayer sessions.

In Resident Evil 5, returning hero Chris Redfield is sent to Africa to investigate a biological weapon that is transforming the populace into aggressive and disturbing creatures. Joined by another local BSAA agent, Sheva Alomar, the two must work together to solve the truth behind the frightening turn of events. Featuring a revolutionary new co-op mode of gameplay, Resident Evil 5 will let players experience fear together as terror moves out of the shadows and into the light of day. The PC version of Resident Evil 5 will feature online play for co-operative play sessions over the internet and will also take advantage of NVIDIA’s new GeForce 3D Vision technology (wireless 3D Vision glasses sold separately).

Source: *ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/46728/R...et-Fighter-IV-Coming-To-PC-Starting-This-July

Thank you Capcom. We have every bit of faith in your optimisation. Take all the time you need. :grin:

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Screw the reviews. The major gripe they have is that RE5 has lost the horror touch & it's slowly turning into an action only game.

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
Very excited about RE5 and Street Fighter 4.
They have instilled more action into RE5 to cater to a large audience since there wont be much takers for Horror only game.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Actually, there are quite a large audience, who still want to see Resident Evil retain it's old school horror avatar. This game was built as a survival horror franchise. After RE4 reinvented the gameplay pattern dramatically, everything changed. You had more scope for advancement in the game. Some people cribbed, while others embraced this new culture of having more action in it. I was on of those latter audience. :smile:

Resident Evil 4 still had it's scary moments & yet turned out to be a good action game as well. So with RE5 having pretty much the same gameplay mechanics, you'll have a much more to look out for. People expecting pure scares are going to be disappointed. The environment is majority in outdoors & most of the time in broad daylight. What I'm looking forward to is the integration of the co-op mode & how well it meshes with the game.

I can only hope they have a good control layout for the keyboard (and hopefully mouse support) & would allow offline split-screen co-op mode. Now all we need is a possible release date.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
That would be great too as we can have the entire screen space to ourselves. Guess the only thing remaining now is to invite some female friends over to take over Sheva's role. ;-)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Atleast we are getting all three games. Capcom are the same sh1t as other devs. First they leech all the money they want from consoles and then they turn to PC gamers and say that okay kids now wait.. we are optimising the game for PC and blah blah blah features for the PC and we people wait and hope that the game actually incorporates all the bullsh1t mentioned by the devs. We keep on waiting and the devs keep on leeching the console market for money and when they think that okay, now we have raped the console market for enough lets try our luck in the PC department and they then they go and release a half-assed port on the PC and all we get to do is complain.

BTW, even Dead Rising 2 is coming to PC... or atleast Capcom is saying so.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Feel lucky that Capcom is one of those developers who had started out with console industry & then accepted the PC gaming platform. I don't mind them delaying the game. It makes proper sense if they want to collect their gains from console market first. They are one of those developers who have consistently provided us with top notch games. With franchises like Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Bionic Commando & MotoGP, I think they have pretty much earned their reputation. So releasing on console first & then on PC is strategically a good move.

I won't agree to the comment that they "sh*t like other devs", If there were then you wouldn't be having ports like Lost Planet & Devil May Cry 4. RE 4 & DMC 3 won't count as they were ported by lame-ass Boobisoft. If other developers are anything like EPIC games, a company which started out with PC gaming, have raised their hands when it comes to PC gaming, then no, Capcom isn't anything like them. Cliff Blezinski had openly claimed that GeoW 2 won't be coming to PC because of Piracy. Well tell them to keep it & shove it up their ass.

Capcom, on the other hand, have always took risks. Check out interviews of Christian Svensson, who is the Sr. Director of Strategic Planning & Research for Capcom. He always keeps the audiences in loop of their plans of porting their games. I don't mind the delays & no they don't f*ck up on optimisations. Lost Planet & Devil May Cry 4 were built on their robust MT Framework engine. So that's 2 in a row. If they plan to build RE5 on the same engine & need time to optimise, then so be it.

hahahari

In the zone
Guys I have never played RE, which version should I start with? I hate playing a game if it has very dated graphics.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Go with Resident Evil 4. The story pretty much stands on it's own & the gameplay is very easy to adapt to. Make sure you play it with a controller though. Else try & get the mouse patch to work with the PC version.

Yeah, I think Capcom is a lil better than the others .
Lot better. They have an excellent track record from the day they started out in the console world. Atleast they don't abandon PC gaming or ignore it entirely.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
^Actually the game gets more challenging when one plays with the keyboard. I completed it with the keyboard & just loved it.

I just wish they could come out with a Linux port. I am not an hardcore gamer, but I am an RE junkie & just for the same I would have to shift to windows :(

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I can't imagine myself playing merely with keyboard controls. That would be a bit awkward. Controller, on the other hand, have a perfect placement of buttons. So the shoulder buttons on the PS2 controller act perfectly when we ought to aim. In a keyboard, let say that button is shift, then you would have to hold that down, direct your aim with WSAD & shoot with another button. Boy, that's way too tedious. I would rather have a mouse support on the PC or atleast a proper controller support.

quan chi

mortal kombat
well was trying with the keyboards.well i dont know what everyone here feels but truley speaking even with the keyboad the game has its own charm.:Dlol lol.

as its not a hack n slash.so keyboard does gets a bit friendly if you get addicted to it.

btw i am planning to use only these two mods for now 'the fake hdr' and the 'laser trial'

Last edited:
OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
You could try the mouse patch to make your journey a bit smoother. Anyway try this link: *z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evil_4_PC/index.php?showtopic=573

You'll get whatever you need for RE4 out here. :-D

quan chi

mortal kombat
no mouse patch.:D btw what does it do.i was trying with the keyboard just to check how it works:D

well i was surfing here.*www.forumshare.net/showthread.php?p=164580

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom