Resident Evil 5 Officially announced for PC. Yipppeee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
lol in my system using p4.at high settings 2xaa i got average 19 fps!!
medium 25fps!! low 39fps!!.sorry i havent taken any screenshot will post them later.all tests were made on 1024x768.

btw conclusion:-the game is well developed and optimised

Post your complete system configuration.

quan chi

mortal kombat
theres no need to shock.*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92745&page=81 1024x768 is my highest resolution.and i get everything running pretty ok here.(only proccy was oced to 3.38ghz. no overclocking was required on the later card ).

too bad now its lying at the counter for replacement.

Last edited:
Here's my benchmark result:

The joke was I ran the benchmark with both 4X AA & 8X AA, surprisingly the one with 8X AA ran much smoother & the frames didn't drop at all.
Iirc it happens because sometimes the way an AA mode is used is HW based rather than using game's algos and software, resulting in better performance.
Also, 4xAA does not imply lower quality or 8x AA better quality but that is an altogether different topic.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Ran the Benchmark tool on my system:

1. WOW.
2. Loved it.
3. Ran smooth. :)

Cannot wait to play this game. Though hope they have put in keyboard support. Also hope there is an option to play as the 'girl'. (Though doubt this will be there).

Game looks good. Though not being a First Person shooter, doubt the player will have so many bullets to his disposal. In the benchmark, the player is really trigger happy. Seems CAPCOM will deliver again. Loved SF4 too..!

Posters who are worrying about not being able to run this game, anyone with 45+ FPS. I think are good to go. Probably CAPCOM will cap the FPS to 60.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Cannot wait to play this game. Though hope they have put in keyboard support.
I think you mean mouse support & this should answer your question:
Fortunately, that won't be the case with the PC version of RE5, which will have full support both for the USB Xbox 360 controller, as well as full-on mouse-and-keyboard free-look, just like your favorite PC-native first-person shooters. You can even switch controls on the fly--should you put down your USB controller and grab your mouse, the game will immediately recognize the change in input and also give differing contextual instructions onscreen (instead of instructing you to press your controller's blue X button to pick up that box of bullets, it'll instead prompt you to press your F key). The PC controls seem to work quite well and are very intuitive; while using a USB controller will activate the classic Resident Evil red laser gun-sight on your weapon to help you paint your targets, switching to a mouse-and-keyboard setup will turn off the laser sight and pull up a traditional targeting reticle with full, free mouse-look--without any console-style "sticky aim" or any other kind of aiming assistance. Using Chris Redfield's knife for close encounters or just to smash open barrels without wasting bullets will be a matter of pressing and holding the space bar to draw your knife, then left-clicking on your mouse (the default fire/attack input) to swing your weapon. What's most gratifying about the PC control scheme is that you don't have to use RE5's "real-time inventory" system, which would pull up your inventory in translucent windows onscreen right on top of the action and right before that raging zombie buried a knife in your face. Instead, you can swap weapons first-person-shooter style with the number keys on your keyboard. You can even reload by pressing the R key.

Source: *uk.gamespot.com/news/blogs/preview...5-pc-now-in-3d-vision.html?tag=gumballs;img;1

@quan chi: Dude please post thumbnail images. It's really messing up the page viewing.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Feel lucky that Capcom is one of those developers who had started out with console industry & then accepted the PC gaming platform. I don't mind them delaying the game. It makes proper sense if they want to collect their gains from console market first. They are one of those developers who have consistently provided us with top notch games. With franchises like Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Bionic Commando & MotoGP, I think they have pretty much earned their reputation. So releasing on console first & then on PC is strategically a good move.

I won't agree to the comment that they "sh*t like other devs", If there were then you wouldn't be having ports like Lost Planet & Devil May Cry 4. RE 4 & DMC 3 won't count as they were ported by lame-ass Boobisoft. If other developers are anything like EPIC games, a company which started out with PC gaming, have raised their hands when it comes to PC gaming, then no, Capcom isn't anything like them. Cliff Blezinski had openly claimed that GeoW 2 won't be coming to PC because of Piracy. Well tell them to keep it & shove it up their ass.

very very wrong according to me.they also should be counted.
nope if you have a gamepad then you shouldnt have any complain against those two.

i dont know why people complained but dmc3 special edition worked fine for me without applying any kind of gamepad patch.

yes re4 was totally messed up.but its official patch took care of almost many of the things.
(and if you can get those mods then it even looks better than consoles)
except those controls you cannot deny the 'playing satisfaction' it delivered from the gameplay itself.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
very very wrong according to me.they also should be counted.
nope if you have a gamepad then you shouldnt have any complain against those two.

i dont know why people complained but dmc3 special edition worked fine for me without applying any kind of gamepad patch.

yes re4 was totally messed up.but its official patch took care of almost many of the things.
(and if you can get those mods then it even looks better than consoles)
except those controls you cannot deny the 'playing satisfaction' it delivered from the gameplay itself.
I loved DMC 3 so much on the PS2 that I got the Special Edition for the PC and guess what? It was (and still is) a lousy port. Perhaps it worked in your favour, but not mine. Didn't have any resolution support above 1280x960, which is rather absurd. Even a f*ckin' 4 year old game had 1280x1024 resolution support, then why not this? Practically no graphical options to tweak, Alt+F4 to quit the game (really Ubisoft?), 30fps cap (not a major setback though), super low quality cut-scenes etc. For a game which had some really awesome animation videos, the videos deserved much better than the poor .mpg downscaling that it received on the PC. Gamepad for me was never an issue, it got auto detected. But rest of the issues were simply not acceptable.

Coming to Resident Evil 4, in all honesty, we can't deny it was a shoddy port. It was only after numerous patching, modding, tweaks that we could have a better looking game on the PC. Bottom line, the audience is supposed to do the work which developers ought to be doing?

I'm not sure why Capcom had outsourced their PC porting work to Ubisoft back then, but I'm really glad they have now taken full control over their games and are back kicking ass (and taking names).

quan chi

mortal kombat
I loved DMC 3 so much on the PS2 that I got the Special Edition for the PC and guess what? It was (and still is) a lousy port. Perhaps it worked in your favour, but not mine. Didn't have any resolution support above 1280x960, which is rather absurd. Even a f*ckin' 4 year old game had 1280x1024 resolution support, then why not this? Practically no graphical options to tweak, Alt+F4 to quit the game (really Ubisoft?), 30fps cap (not a major setback though), super low quality cut-scenes etc. For a game which had some really awesome animation videos, the videos deserved much better than the poor .mpg downscaling that it received on the PC. Gamepad for me was never an issue, it got auto detected. But rest of the issues were simply not acceptable.

Coming to Resident Evil 4, in all honesty, we can't deny it was a shoddy port. It was only after numerous patching, modding, tweaks that we could have a better looking game on the PC. Bottom line, the audience is supposed to do the work which developers ought to be doing?

I'm not sure why Capcom had outsourced their PC porting work to Ubisoft back then, but I'm really glad they have now taken full control over their games and are back kicking ass (and taking names).

yes you see thats why i was telling that.why blame capcom for the thing which it didnt do blame ubisoft for that.:D

btw ethan one thing we all have to agree ubisoft also delivered most of the amazing titles.
then why did they do that kind of work back then?who knows?maybe to downgrade capcom.:D lol.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
yes you see thats why i was telling that.why blame capcom for the thing which it didnt do blame ubisoft for that.:D
I never blamed Capcom for anything. If they had made the port and messed it up, then they would receive the flak. But they didn't and Ubisoft did, so they should be put on the pedestal.

btw ethan one thing we all have to agree ubisoft also delivered most of the amazing titles.
then why did they do that kind of work back then?who knows?maybe to downgrade capcom.:D lol.
I can't agree more with you. Capcom had started off their franchises from Nintendo days and have gradually made their way up with utmost determination. So there should be no doubt about their hard work.

The reason for giving the porting job to Ubisoft back then, according to me, was mainly because they were console focussed developers. They didn't focus much of PC porting market in those times. But since the dawn of the next generation consoles and multi-platform feasibility, they started showing more interest in PC market as well.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
EA is desperately trying to own UBISOFT. In 2004 EA purchased nearly 20% of the UBI's shares. EA and UBI will make a dumbest combination ever.

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat
Originally Posted by ethan hunt
I never blamed Capcom for anything. If they had made the port and messed it up, then they would receive the flak. But they didn't and Ubisoft did, so they should be put on the pedestal.

i didnt meant to say that you are blaming them.well what i meant was atleast those games should also be counted not due to their flaws but their amazing gameplay satisfaction and for porting it to the pc.

to be precise if it hadnt been ported to pc then pc players didnt even knew what these games were.

like i dont know how god of war is actually. i have only heard its excellent.

The reason for giving the porting job to Ubisoft back then, according to me, was mainly because they were console focussed developers. They didn't focus much of PC porting market in those times.
yes agreed.there is a point.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Sh*t. It's already hit the stores:

*i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/Ubervampix/2009-09-12162603.jpg

Walmart's photo:

*www.imgx.org/files/46321_xqmmh/d7deb840.jpg

Only a matter of time now. I'll be waiting Wesker. :grin:

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Errr...I'm still in India remember? ;-)

These are the North American copies or Pre-orders. Lucky chaps who get to play it 3 days in advance. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom