Required Mother Board Supporting both DDR 2 and DDR 3

wasiq.ashraf

Right off the assembly line
I need to purchase a motherboard supporting both ddr2 and ddr3 memory chips.
The configuration i need for the mother board is:
)Core2duo + Core I Series(i3,i5,i7) support.
)Sata Hdd Support.
)PCI Xpress GPU Support(Both ddr2 and ddr3 based).
)Support for using both ddr2 and ddr3 ram chips simultaneously.

*Mostly Intel based Board preferred*

***My budget is Rs 3000-Rs10000***

I do not even think it is possible because, Intel Core 2 Duo processor is based in the LGA 775 socket, Core i5 and i3 in LGA 1155 socket, and Core i7 in LGA 1366/1156 socket. So multiple, support of processor is not possible.

All motherboard comes with SATA ports. And also DDR3/DDR5 memory interface for the GPU is local to the GPU only. It has got nothing to do with the motherboard. Just you need to have a x16 lane to install a GPU(DDR2/DDR3/DDR5).

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
After doing a bit of Google search, I found this-

MSI Unveils DDR2+DDR3 Combo Motherboard

but the processors it supports is outdated and hence it is useless buying it

anyways if you are wanting to run COre i series processors its useless to buy such a board as they dont support anything below DDR3 RAM. DDR 2 RAM is UNSUPPORTED by Core i series processors

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
First of all the core 2 duo chipset is difference from i series. Its lga 775 and these under 1155 or 1366. Mb can support both type of ram but either core 2 duo or i series fix what you need i or c2d

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get this one ;-)
GA-G41M-Combo
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 775 - GA-G41M-Combo (rev. 1.3)

OP
W

wasiq.ashraf

Right off the assembly line
Done leaving core i series a side plz suggest me intel based mother board which will support atleast core 2 duo and dd2 based graphics card along side with the support to ddr3 ram and graphics card.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
GFX card ram type have nothing to do with mobo ram type if you are talking about compatibility - yopu can use a DDR2/GDDR3/GDDr5 based gfx card on a mobo which supports DDr2 ram and same is true for mobos which support DDR3 ram.

If you are talking about a mobo which supports LGA775 based C2D cpus along with DDR2+DDR3 ( you can only use either DDr2 or DDr3 - they will not work together ) then you should get the Gigabyte GA-G41M-Combo mobo - it has Intel G41 chipset and supports every latest gfx cards ;-)

Top Bottom