Request configuration for Quad Monitor setup

bhuvanprabha

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Run the following (All at the sametime) -> Metatader, Amibroker, 2 Trade execution platforms, Internet TV (From IE window) and 2 to 3 excel files

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 40 K (Can extend by 5K more necessary)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7 Ultimate

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 250 GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I Already have 2 Dell ST2220L and 2 BENQ GW2250 Monitors. (21.5").

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitors, UPS

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Jan 2013

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No. Will be done by an assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Chennai - Online is fine too.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: This will only be used for displaying charts and trading platforms. The monitors will be placed as 2X2. System will be running for 12 Hrs at a stretch.

Will be below configuration be ok? and will the graphics card support 4 monitors
MSI 890GXM-G65 DDR3 16GB USB 3.0 AMD Motherboard6740
HIS Radeon HD6870 IceQ X 1GB GDDR5 ATI PCI E Graphic Card (H687QN1G2M)12270
AMD FX-Series FX 8150 11945
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7365
NZXT Gaurdian 921 RB ATX Cabinet 4395
Seasonic 620W Power Supply (S12II-620)5050
Total47765

Last edited:
OP
B

bhuvanprabha

Can someone advise on the above components.This was given by a assembler for 2 monitor setup. Is this good enough and will this support 4 monitors?

ganeshnokiae63

Hardcore Gamer
You want a 4 quad config
In that you want to work with excel files,internet tv and games
One question: are you a superman?

sagarkrkv

It depends on what you are gonna use the pc for.. viz...gaming,video editing,etc

OP
B

bhuvanprabha

Nope.. I am just a Sub-Broker/Day Trader/portfolio manager who would like to track live charts of NSE stocks. To be much more precise, i do look at live streaming charts of 20 shares (Amibroker and MT5 -> each 10 charts). In addition 2 Trade submission windows (NSE NOW) will always be up. THe excel files are for tracking and position Management. So they get Maximized/Minimized upon need. Just to track any news flow, CNBC and NDTV Profit will run in one screen in Mute Mode. Currently i have 2 Laptops hooked with 2 monitors each. I am struggling to operate them both simultaneously. Hence planning to have a Quad monitor desktop which will help with ease of operation. Hopefully have answered the question.
You want a 4 quad config
In that you want to work with excel files,internet tv and games
One question: are you a superman?

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Then get the following for main components:-
FX-8120 @ 9.4K
MSI 970A-GD46 @ 5.6K
Gigabyte HD 7850 2GB OC @ 13.7K
G-skill RipjawX 1600 MHz DDR3 4GBX2 @ 3K
Seasonic 620W @ 5.2k

For the quad Monitor setup, how many Monitors do you already have?

OP
B

bhuvanprabha

I alreasy have 2 Dell ST2220L (21.5") and 2 BENQ GW2250 Monitors. (21.5"). I have already a stand built to hold them in 2X2.
For the quad Monitor setup, how many Monitors do you already have?