Report Spammers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/member.php?u=77203

MHG's update: done till here and thread closed.
wish me luck for tomorrow's exam :D
use report button from now onwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread opened again.
Continue reporting you guys!

BTW, a certain feature in the spam delete function was fixed. Now, with just one spam post of a spammer, I can delete ALL his posts AND threads and ban him with a single click (4 actually but just simple ticks).

Flake

Linux User
Thread opened again.
Continue reporting you guys!

BTW, a certain feature in the spam delete function was fixed. Now, with just one spam post of a spammer, I can delete ALL his posts AND threads and ban him with a single click (4 actually but just simple ticks).
Isn't there any One-touch Ban & Clean option? Its just a single click.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Here's a request: Please DON'T REPORT spam threads from PROGRAMMING and EDUCATION. They're the daily hunting grounds and are implied and hence reports for the obvious will clog down the Reported Posts section.

However, if you find a spam post inside a thread there, push in the report button. The rest of the forum report status stays normal.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/member.php?find=lastposter&t=116876
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/member.php?find=lastposter&t=116877

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Here's a request: Please DON'T REPORT spam threads from PROGRAMMING and EDUCATION. They're the daily hunting grounds and are implied and hence reports for the obvious will clog down the Reported Posts section.

However, if you find a spam post inside a thread there, push in the report button. The rest of the forum report status stays normal.
Does that men we are not supposed to report threads from that particular section.
DO u guys by default check dat section??

Does that men we are not supposed to report threads from that particular section.
DO u guys by default check dat section??
He said not to use REPORT BUTTON for that section since its FULL of spammers anyway.
We get 3 spams per hour minimum in those sections. :-x

BUT anyway, Hitboxx please confirm.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Yeah, that is what I meant, Programming and Education are hotspots for spam (no idea why), and will mostly regularly monitored by some mod, so I don't think there is a need to report threads from those sections as the reports run into pages and the other spam reports run away at the bottom sooner than you think.

So, don't report threads from them, atleast until they fix the spam filter mess.

Isn't there any One-touch Ban & Clean option? Its just a single click.
There is. But it keeps getting b0rked every other day. Now its gone once again. :evil:

Anyway, ours still needs you to specify reason for ban, duration of ban, whether to physically delete or leave behind a deleted message, etc.

Link to your plugin and I will be more than happy to make some admin install it under gun-point.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Lol .. I just deleted a thread which was advertising ejaculating dildo .. :D :D :D ..

@Gautham Delete as spam has been fixed ..?? Too bad I was searching for all posts by the users, selecting them and then deleting .. Lemme try it on any new spam that comes...

Lol .. I just deleted a thread which was advertising ejaculating dildo .. :D :D :D ..

@Gautham Delete as spam has been fixed ..?? Too bad I was searching for all posts by the users, selecting them and then deleting .. Lemme try it on any new spam that comes...
it gets fixed and b0rked every other week.
so logically speaking it will be fixed today (sunday) tomorrow (monday) :razz:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
I just wasted 40 minutes deleting spam and closing the reported threads. I really dont know how long i can keep up with this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom