Reply address in Outlook express

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack// ani

In the zone
Hi all,

I want to change my reply address....of my POP3 mail such that, they are replied on to different mail ids. So in the reply address....I put those two mail ids separated by semicolon and when I click OK it show error…Invalid address type and when I try to send my email with the above reply address, ISP rejects it!! What can I do to make it work?

Thanks

Tech&ME

Banned
jack// ani said:
Hi all,

I want to change my reply address....of my POP3 mail such that, they are replied on to different mail ids. So in the reply address....I put those two mail ids separated by semicolon and when I click OK it show error…Invalid address type and when I try to send my email with the above reply address, ISP rejects it!! What can I do to make it work?

Thanks

First of all where is the REPLY ADDRESS field ?

If you are talking about repling the same e-mail to different people at the same time. Then type the recepients address on the To: field and the rest of the recepients on the CC: or BCC: fields.

This should work.

But if you are talking about From: field, where in you want to enter two differnt ids of yours , then its not possible even if they are from the same e-mail provider.

This is not possible.

Tech&ME

Banned
jack// ani said:
Tech&ME said:
First of all where is the REPLY ADDRESS field ?

Dunno...its under Tools---->Account---->Mail Properties---->General Tab

Got your question now.

Ya its possible and you can have two different ids (in this case) to receive reply.

Actually, Why you are getting this error is because you either do not have the same POP3 type account for the two ids that you have, or one is a POP3 and the other is a IMAP.

Also this feature must be supported by your POP3 account provider.

You can however you this service for FREE with the MSN account.

Please follow the instructions below to achive what you wanted :

Pre-requisite :

1. You must have two similar e-mail ids (both must be POP3).

2. You must configure Outlook Express to receive and sent mails from this ids using Outlook Express first. (note: your SMTP for outgoing mails must be authenticated and configured corrently in Outlook Express or else Outlook Express will be able to only be able to receive mails and not sent reply using this ids.)

3. Go to :Tools ->Account ->Mail Properties ->General Tab

4. Enter the usual this here, suppose you have you@yahoo.com and me@gmail.com and want to sent mails using you@yahoo.com and receive reply at me@gmail.com

Then you must enter in this way:

Name : Your Name

Organization: leave this blank

E-mail address : you@yahoo.com

Reply address: me@gmail.com

Tick the :Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing.

Now click on the SERVERS tab and do the following:

Enter the information in this way:

My incoming mail server [POP3] servers

incoming mail(POP3): ____________(get this info from your accont provider)

outgoing mail(SMTP):_____________(get this info from your accont provider)

Incoming MAIL SERVER:

Account : you

Password : leave it blank

Untick : Remember Password.
_____

Outgoing Mail SERVER

TICK : My server requires authentication

and click on the SETTINGS button

Now do this:

Tick :Log on Using:

Account name : you

Password :******** (enter it here)

Tick : Remember Password

Click on OK twice.

This should do! If not post back with your exact error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom