Removing GRUB loader of SuSE 9.1??

Status
Not open for further replies.

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Hi I installed SUSE 9.1 last year. Now I ant to remove it.. i know I need to simply delete the partitions of Linux on Windows, so that Linux is removed.. However, how do I remove the GRUB loader so that Windows directly opens on starting the PC??

>> Siddhartha (*sidroy.wordpress.com/ )

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Boot from Win XP CD, Enter recovery console, type the "FixMBR" command and reboot... no more GRUB. Please search before you post, I myself have answered this question over 20 times!

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
gary is right, be careful with fixmbr, it can wipe whole partitions.
What you can do is backup your mbr. You will need to boot from a floppy or use one those bootable cds for this.
Search for a hirens cd (70mb) - plenty of apps, including one that backs up your mbr .
zboot is a boot manager, that can also backup your mbr. If you need help, just ask.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Boot from Windows 98 CD and type fdisk /mbr. Now reboot to see the changes.
This will remove the Grub Bootloader.

phatratt

In the zone
boot loader reside in teh master boot record(MBR) area,u need to reset it,simple solution is a win98 bootable floopy/cd,enter dos mode and fdisk/mbr.

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
I remember what I did last time.. I wish to ask if it would work.. When in WIN XP SP2, I just deleted both partitions of LINUX: hard disk space and SWAP..
When I restarted it stopped somewhere.. When I restarted again, WIN XP SP2 booted up with no GURB or LINUX... Should I do it again??

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
fdisk /mbr would definitely work. Use your Windows 98 bootable CD to do the job.
I have done this before in my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom