Remote Media Server Setup

msn

खिड़की माने Windows
Hello Friends, I have setup DLNA Media Server for my TV and other PCs successfully. I am able to stream Photos, Music and Movies successfully on all PCs and my TV.

On weekends I visit my sisters place which is some Kilometers away. She has Airtel as her ISP. I want to know if my Media Server PC and Router is ON with active Internet Connection, can I access my media remotely from her PC.

I want to know if there's any tutorial for Remote Media Streaming Setup.

TIA..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
your setup has dynamic IP like any home use connection so first you have to use a service like dyndns(should be supported by modem/router) to bind your changing dynamic IP to a fixed domain.if your router does not support it then you have to install DD-WRT/Tomato firmware if it is available for your modem but it will void your router warranty.

OP
msn

msn

खिड़की माने Windows
I have static IP from ACT Broadband. Also, I have DynDNS option in my router. Let me know how to configure my PC to access /stream my media remotely ?

OP
msn

msn

खिड़की माने Windows
100% static IP. Even though it changes, that happens once in a month. I know how to bind DynDNS in my router even though they change it.

I want to know how to configure my Workstation to stream media from a remote location ? Do I need to connect to my ip with any open port - for eg. x.x.x.x:8080 ?

OP
msn

msn

खिड़की माने Windows
Mods. Issue resolved. Please close this thread.

Top Bottom