Remote Desktop - How to ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

subroto_digit

Broken In
Dear All,

I want to connect / take control of my friends computer - for troubleshooting etc. (at his home) by my home computer. We both are having internet connections. How can I do so, either by Remote Desktop Connection or third party utility. Can you please give me a step wise descriptive solution ?

Thanks a lot.

Subroto

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ yes .. its can be .. but the setup is more time consuming than using online services..

quad_master

Tired of being sorry!
^^hey im confused again! i think vnc will work for LAN...will TEAMVIEWER works OUTSIDE LAN?? I'll be able to connect a pc which is in Pune from Kolkata??
what will be the file transfer rate?? obviously im not expecting speed of LAN...but it shouldn't be like im downloading using a dialup connection....hehehe
reply plzzz...i need it...hehehe

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^hey im confused again! i think vnc will work for LAN...will TEAMVIEWER works OUTSIDE LAN?? I'll be able to connect a pc which is in Pune from Kolkata??

Let me explain, with VNC, you need to have a direct accessible IP address

So it can be lan / wan / Internet but you must know the IP and IP should be a direct one...

So suppose you have a LAN network and with VNC installed in all system you can control any system from another via entering the IP address of the system you want to control :D

In case of TeamViewer... It is totally Internet based, and needs TeamViewer server to work... So what happens is, suppose you want to control my PC which is in Kolkata, so I have to start the TeamViewer application in my PC and which will give me an unique KEY gnerated from TeamViewer web server for me :D and I have to tell u that key details which u emter in your teamviewer client control to gain access to my system :D

But suppose I am not present in my desktop or rather u are in office and wants to control your home desktop, in which no one is present to generate such KEY :p in that case its Logmen Pro which works BEST :D

acewin

Point Blanc
nice thread, though I know about such application but its generally a propreitary product.
good to see real web apps for remote sharing.

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
u can also Try GoToAssist which is very easy ... just u have to ask the person who's PC u would like to access to go to a website i.e. www.fastsupport.com u will provide him a key and voila thats it

quad_master

Tired of being sorry!
@Choto Cheeta
thnx for giving me a clear idea;)
btw can anybody tell me dat wat will be the *file transfer speed??:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom