Reliance drags Apple retail to India; hints at a scary future

Status
Not open for further replies.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
@ Aayush as noble as your intent is, the whole point of asking people to post the whole article here is to prevent readers from visiting the source site, which amounts to advertising.

And it's not really piracy, as the source link is provided mainly to give credit to the original author.

I also have one other request which I'm sure everyone will agree with, please keep all your posts [full or not] in one thread. There is no necessity of creating a new thread for each and every new post you make. In fact, I believe we have a thread exactly for this purpose, so you should be using that.

Finally, from the rules,

* Signatures
Signatures will NOT contain links/HTML of any kind. Members sporting such signatures will find them mysteriously deleted.

;)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I post a new thread for each separate news article. How can they be bunched together? That does not make any sense.

When the iPhone was released, I made the mistake of posting each individual review in a separate thread. I realised my mistake later and have since stopped doing that.

But posting all news stories in one thread is stupid.

And I don't consider posting half the article advertisement because these aren't articles from my own website. Tell me one thing that I gain by doing so. I don't gain anything and I've been posting news in this format since before I became an author myself.

And I'm right in doing so, no matter what anyone may suggest, even a moderator like kalpik, who also happens to be a friend of mine.

Since he's asked me not to do it, I'll respect that by not posting any more threads. But I certainly won't start posting full articles – whether they be authored by me or anyone else – no matter how many people ask me to.

Let's stop this discussion now because I agreed in the first post itself that I will abide by kalpik's request. Why are we still arguing over it?

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
FatBeing said:
The "source" issue:

1. Avoid reproducing entire articles: depending on the source, it might be illegal to reproduce content in its entirety. Partial reproduction with a citation is much less likely to cause legal hassles. Also, it's only fair that the person who wrote the article get a little traffic for his / her efforts.

2. You're more than welcome to cite your personal blogs as sources, if (and only if) you are the original creator of the content. I've updated the rules to this effect.

What this means is that members should navigate thus: Digit > Original source and not Digit > member blog > original source.

If you have made previous posts that violate this rule, please take the weekend to replace your blog link with the original source. This applies to all members.

Violations henceforth will be dealt with thus: for a first offence, your post will be edited and the link removed. Repeating the offence too much will have you spending at least a week in misery.

If there are any objections to the way a member is linking to articles, do bring it to the moderators' and/or the adminstrators' attention, and we'll look into the matter.
*thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=682997&postcount=57

What Aayush is doing is right.

Why are you people taking the law in your hands? You report the post/thread and wait for the mods/admins to take action rather than discussing about trivial issues.

If anyone is not interested in what he's posting, don't bother and mind your business and yeah, get a LIFE. :)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I'm fed up with this thing...

1. iPhone SDK - Discussing how iPhone sucks
2. Apple reduces Shuffle to $49 - Discussing how iPod sucks
3. World's Thinest Laptop, MBA - Discussing how MBA sucks
4. Apple releases Leopard with 300 new features - Discussing how OS X sucks

@Aayush -
You post in links/how you post here in the Apple thread. There should be no issues.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
That's why I've stopped posting a lot of stories. Whenever I run across any tidbit of lesser importance, I post it in the Apple thread where it would be more interesting.

But when Reliance announces that they're opening 60 iStores across India or Apple reduces the price of the shuffle to about half or introduces the world's thinnest notebook, I think it is stuff important enough to be posted here.

And for those who think I'm advertising, keep in mind that when MacUser was slow at posting the news of the iPhone SDK, I didn't wait for their article to be published before posting it here. I posted it directly from Apple's press release and I posted the full thing because that does not come in the way of journalistic integrity.

I hope my position is clear to everyone. :)

Alright then, i take my words/warning back :) Sorry for the trouble :)
No problem at all, mate. :)

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Aayush is doing the right thing. By posting just the part of the article, he is just making you aware of it. If you're interested in it, then you should go to the source page and read the complete thing if it has captured your interest. Otherwise just read the intro and forget it. This way you only read it if you really want to. Posting the full thing here is like forcing the whole thing down your throats despite you not wanting it. So by posting just a part of it, he is giving you a choice (netiquettes, you see).

Separate thread is also bad. Right now I come to Tech news, if I see some interesting Apple related news, I read it. If a separate thread is formed, I'll have to constantly check it to see whats going on in the Mac world. And I'm not a big Apple fan, so if I don't see something interesting there, I'm going to get very disappointed.

Also please don't post important Apple news in the Apple thread in QnA. I don't have time to go through its many pages to see what new is happening. The current method is better.

People please don't be lazy. If you like what you read and want to read more, respect the original author and visit his page. Thats the least you can do for him.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Please post the gist of the whole article, no everyone likes to read the whole article.

sourav123

Thinking Different
Okay, let end this row. The point to be taken is, if you think there is no life beyond Apple and Steve Jobs, read the article in full. If you think that Apple is just another tech company, read the thread. And if you are only interested in Apple the fruit, then skip it altogether. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom