Reliance ADSL and Metro Ethernet query.

Renny

Padawan
I hope this is not a repeated query...

Anyway,

I ditched BSNL and have applied for Reliance Wired broadband, I was told sales guy will contact me in 2 days, then I realized that there is something called Metro One provided in addition to ADSL.

1. I need a dynamic IP connection (switch off and on router for new IP address), does their Metro or ADSL come with dynamic IP? If both are only static IP I won't go in with reliance.

2. How good are the pings?

3. Are torrents/file sharing sites blocked?

4. I read that with Metro Ethernet there is disconnection every 6 hours or so..?

5. Which would be a better connection for heavy torrenting and direct downloads - Metro or ADSL?

Need replies ASAP guys, thanks.
 
OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan
Thanks,

I have 5 nodes in my house which require internet access, this constitutes sharing a single among 5 nodes right? And in this Metro setup do we use routers at all?

How does IP change happen in Metro Ethernet?
 

Ascendant001

Super Moderator
Staff member
doesn't matter what connection you use as long as it ends in a lan/ethernet wire you can use router(not adsl modem+router).i have no experience with reliance so wait for some one who has this metro connection but as i understand it logging off & then login again should change the ip.
 

Ascendant001

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^try it with metro adsl if possible because i am not sure about it.in usual reliance adsl i know modem+router works but some people face issues while simple router works fine in almost all cases.i read elsewhere that now-a-days reliance is giving broadband only through metro ethernet & will give adsl only if metro ethernet is not available.
 
Top Bottom