reinstalling from internal hard disk

sharkrao

Right off the assembly line
I have a laptop HP Pavilion dv2000 with original XP operative system. Though i experimentally tried vista and now is in win 7 I want to reinstall the original XP from its hard drive. I do not see any choice for reinstalling the OS from the hard disk in the booting scren though I remember restoring the OS once without the restore disks. Can anybody tell me which key or key combination allows me to reinstall the OS fron the Hard disk,
SHarK

In continuation of my previous post: After installing windows 7, the f11 key no more starts the recovery screen, and I could not access the recovery partition to boot from.
SHarK

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Do you have proper files in that HDD? or is it only plainly installed?

Use a Original Windows CD/DVD preferably to install Windows

OP
S

sharkrao

Right off the assembly line
All original files that came along with the laptop PC are there. Earler I had used them also .Mostly the boot manager of Win7 corrupted the function of f 11 key

doomgiver

Warframe
you will have to reinstall everything.

if you have installed vista/win7 over xp, then the xp partition is unrecoverable, due to incompatiblity between the bootladers of xp and vista/win7.

i'd advise to backup all important docs and settings and reinstalling the desired os.

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
If the laptop is powerful enough use 7 OR install XP from scratch after backing all data. Any shortcuts will give headaches in the future.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
if i m not wrong then OP has Recovery partition of XP & used to recover it using F11..but
installation of Win 7/Vista corrupted the F11 option to recover.

@OP: do u have the Recovery CD of the XP? u have to repair the bootloader of OS...
try BCEdit...

Top Bottom