registering xp after the event !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sg1

On a quest for knowledge!
I had to re activate my girlfriends GENUINE version of XP home today, because it gave me the "there had been a significant hardware change on the system" screen:confused:

I/we have not made any changes since yesterday when everything was fine, so I guessed maybe VIRUS but none found.

Then I remembered the other day I installed XP on a new system for a friend I had built for him , but used my key just to get through the install process as he had not recieved his product key yet from supplier.

I think he may of then given my code to someone else and they have activated it on their machine:mad:

I have re activated XP on my girlfriends machine and all went well with M$ automated line :D but I thought that maybe I should register the product key to me, so no one else can do it again !!!



​
Is it possible to enter registration info after completion of the activation only wizard? or could I reinstall a fresh copy of XP OS over the top and do it that way without data loss?
 
Last edited:

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
sg1 said:
I had to re activate my girlfriends GENUINE version of XP home today, because it gave me the "there had been a significant hardware change on the system" screen:confused:

I/we have not made any changes since yesterday when everything was fine, so I guessed maybe VIRUS but none found.

Then I remembered the other day I installed XP on a new sysystem I had built for him , but used my key just to get through the install process as he had not recieved his product key yet from supplier.

I think he may of then given my code to someone else and they have activated it on their machine:mad:

I have re activated XP on my girlfriends machine and all went well with M$ automated line :D but I thought that maybe I should register the product key to me, so no one else can do it again !!!


​
Is it possible to enter registration info after completion of the activation only wizard? or could I reinstall a fresh copy of XP OS over the top and do it that way without data loss?

I do not understand how did ur girlfriend became 'he' ?
Also do not understand why do u want to register so badly ? :D
 

NucleusKore

TheSaint
debsuvra said:
I do not understand how did ur girlfriend became 'he' ?

:D x2

And yes you can update the key
*www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp...en&sGuid=a497e8dc-1d96-4d40-ac7d-a1872378a3a7
 
OP
sg1

sg1

On a quest for knowledge!
ROTF sorry Spelling mistake, I was typing too fast for my own good :p .

I have now edited it :)

debsuvra said:
I do not understand how did ur girlfriend became 'he' ?
Also do not understand why do u want to register so badly ? :D
well surely by registering with M$ will prevent my girlfriends key being used by someone else to activate wouldn't it?

NucleusKore said:
:D x2

And yes you can update the key
*www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/XPPkuinst.aspx?displaylang=en&sGuid=a497e8dc-1d96-4d40-ac7d-a1872378a3a7
I don't need to update the key, I want to register the OS software.:confused:
 
Last edited:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Man update the key and go to Start->All programs-> you'll find activate windows on the top of the list or in Accessories. If you don't find it it will come when you update the key
 
OP
sg1

sg1

On a quest for knowledge!
and that will then give me oppertunity to register???(NOT activate)
 
OP
sg1

sg1

On a quest for knowledge!
I've just discovered the PC has a more SERIOUS issue with registry, So I will perform "SFC /scannow" first to repair missing Dll's etc or maybe just backup the personal files and reinstall OS:wink:

Thank you for your assistance guys :)

It's true what they say....... You learn something new everyday;)

Merry XMAS everyone.
*www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/tlaluoto/harjoitus1/Image1.gif
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom