registering xp after the event !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sg1

On a quest for knowledge!
I had to re activate my girlfriends GENUINE version of XP home today, because it gave me the "there had been a significant hardware change on the system" screen:confused:

I/we have not made any changes since yesterday when everything was fine, so I guessed maybe VIRUS but none found.

Then I remembered the other day I installed XP on a new system for a friend I had built for him , but used my key just to get through the install process as he had not recieved his product key yet from supplier.

I think he may of then given my code to someone else and they have activated it on their machine:mad:

I have re activated XP on my girlfriends machine and all went well with M$ automated line :D but I thought that maybe I should register the product key to me, so no one else can do it again !!!

Is it possible to enter registration info after completion of the activation only wizard? or could I reinstall a fresh copy of XP OS over the top and do it that way without data loss?

Last edited:

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
sg1 said:
I had to re activate my girlfriends GENUINE version of XP home today, because it gave me the "there had been a significant hardware change on the system" screen:confused:

I/we have not made any changes since yesterday when everything was fine, so I guessed maybe VIRUS but none found.

Then I remembered the other day I installed XP on a new sysystem I had built for him , but used my key just to get through the install process as he had not recieved his product key yet from supplier.

I think he may of then given my code to someone else and they have activated it on their machine:mad:

I have re activated XP on my girlfriends machine and all went well with M$ automated line :D but I thought that maybe I should register the product key to me, so no one else can do it again !!!

Is it possible to enter registration info after completion of the activation only wizard? or could I reinstall a fresh copy of XP OS over the top and do it that way without data loss?

I do not understand how did ur girlfriend became 'he' ?
Also do not understand why do u want to register so badly ? :D

NucleusKore

TheSaint
debsuvra said:

:D x2

And yes you can update the key
*www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp...en&sGuid=a497e8dc-1d96-4d40-ac7d-a1872378a3a7

OP
sg1

sg1

ROTF sorry Spelling mistake, I was typing too fast for my own good :p .

I have now edited it :)

debsuvra said:
Also do not understand why do u want to register so badly ? :D
well surely by registering with M$ will prevent my girlfriends key being used by someone else to activate wouldn't it?

NucleusKore said:
:D x2

And yes you can update the key
*www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/XPPkuinst.aspx?displaylang=en&sGuid=a497e8dc-1d96-4d40-ac7d-a1872378a3a7
I don't need to update the key, I want to register the OS software.:confused:

Last edited:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Man update the key and go to Start->All programs-> you'll find activate windows on the top of the list or in Accessories. If you don't find it it will come when you update the key

OP
sg1

sg1

and that will then give me oppertunity to register???(NOT activate)

OP
sg1

sg1

I've just discovered the PC has a more SERIOUS issue with registry, So I will perform "SFC /scannow" first to repair missing Dll's etc or maybe just backup the personal files and reinstall OS:wink:

Thank you for your assistance guys :)

It's true what they say....... You learn something new everyday;)

Merry XMAS everyone.
*www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/tlaluoto/harjoitus1/Image1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom