[Complaint] Refusing to take card (Supertron/Sapphire)

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
So my 7770 is not giving any display
Fans are spinning but no output
As per this thread :
*forum.digit.in/service-rma-watch/198848-sapphire-service-center-mumbai.html

So I visited them today and they refused to take my card for RMA because it was "dusty" :banghead:

Where should I complain about this?
Also contacted Sapphire support and raised a ticket but yet to hear from them

This is frustrating as the card has no physical damage and is in warranty
:(

OP
ZTR

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
So I contacted Sapphire and they said because th card has oxidation on screws they can't accept it because it's a CID(customer induced damage)

Is it my fault that I live near the sea and in a humid environment?
Also couldn't they just use stainless steel screws?
My previous Sapphire card was also used in same condition as this but had no oxidation inspite of being used longer than this card
That just shows the level of quality declinment

This just shows poor customer support imo

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Nerevarine

Incarnate
So I contacted Sapphire and they said because th card has oxidation on screws they can't accept it because it's a CID(customer induced damage)

My previous Sapphire card was also used in same condition as this but had no oxidation inspite of being used longer than this card

Why dont you just replace the screws with a new one, go to a hardware store with the card, show them the screws, they might have something that resembles it

- - - Updated - - -

Customer induced damage for oxidation is some prime bullshittery, I mean, what else do they "repair" in a gpu ?.. every component that fails and results in a warranty replacement is probably due to some component getting oxidised..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Every time I hear such an incident my eyes bleed. Supertron handled me a physically damaged - ( two very little but strong dent marks on capacitor ) which even don't even power up. I was in a hurry so accepted a card given to me ( Zotac RMA ) in a static bag which looked all OK from outside of the pack but as I've not checked it then and there I'm taking my part of irresponsibility.

Anyway, feels like they are acting just like Rashi used to be - calling dust as fungus damage and finding a slight excuse to deny RMA. May be manufacturers are with them on this as we are getting inferior quality graphic cards under sub 10k category. Manufacturers don't think sub 10k customers as very important one. So they low quality screws which tend to be oxidized. Seen this happening with MSI gpu too but Digitech was very decent about handling warranty though slow.

Never saw an slight bit of oxidation on any XFX, Zotac cards - I've seen and used cards from different manufacturers like XFX, Asus, Gigabyte, Palit ( Oxidized ) - still running OK 9600 GT :D, MSI ( Oxidized ) - HD6850, Biostar - still working HD4650, Gainward - overheats a bit , Sapphire, Zotac.

Anyway, Supertron's head is now on sky as they have got two BIG deals to handle the RMA of Sapphire and Zotac. These two brands are now going to be flamed due to supertron unless the manufacturer put some leash on supertron.

OP
ZTR

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
So after much discussion with sapphire explaining them, they have finally allowing me to RMA the card like normal

Will submit the card now and keep this thread updated as the RMA goes

OP
ZTR

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
So after almost 3 weeks (submitted card on 24th Oct),
Today I got the replacement (Same 7770 1GB GDDR5)
Overall an average-good experience
Was hoping for an upgrade but still am happy as it wasn't a downgrade atleast lol

D

Deleted member 118788

So after almost 3 weeks (submitted card on 24th Oct),
Today I got the replacement (Same 7770 1GB GDDR5)
Overall an average-good experience
Was hoping for an upgrade but still am happy as it wasn't a downgrade atleast lol

Nice to know you got the proper RMA. My friend with zotac card is also having many issues with the RMA process. Manufacturers must push Superton to deliver better service.

Top Bottom