Refilling hp 802 black and colour cartridge

digik

Journeyman
I have a inkjet printer hp 1010. I want to refill the empty cartridges myself. Googling gave method for refilling of the cartridges but procedure to reset inklevels couldnot be found.

If any of our forum members have knowledge of the procedure for resetting 802 cartridges kindly share at this forum.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
After refilling do this:

While it is on. Remove ink cartridges ALL. Close the lid. Unplug. Plug it back in and let it run through it's process, it should find the missing open lid, reinsert the ink cartridge, close lid. Problem Solved.

OP
D

digik

Journeyman
After refilling do this:

While it is on. Remove ink cartridges ALL. Close the lid. Unplug. Plug it back in and let it run through it's process, it should find the missing open lid, reinsert the ink cartridge, close lid. Problem Solved.

After carrying out the operations I am getting the warning message "Used or Counterfeit cartridge detected". Kindly help.

OP
D

digik

Journeyman
I am yet to receive reply to my post above. I cannot attach the screenshot as all efforts to upload the small jpg file failed.

icebags

Technomancer
a chip on cartridge holds the memory that it was empty before it was refilled, thus the message. there are tools to reset the chip, but u may just want to take it to some professional cartridge fillers.

this is why for refilling, it better not to wait till it's low or empty, just top it up while ink is still @ 40%.

Top Bottom