Reduce Processors temp upto 10 c

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
done alreadybut still are a noise cumming.this wasn't a case with windows xp.any munual tweak can be done to lower temp

pankaj4687

master is here
im using p4 3.06 ghz with nvidia 610i mobo
my processor temerature is 65c for idle and 75-85 during heavy use
and i think after 80c-85c pc turns off due to overheating
i think this problem is bcoz of my heatsink is not properly mounted coz its 1 latch out of 4 is broken

so guys whats the solution
new heatsink or any other solution plz help

and also tell me price of heatsink if possible
my local vendor is giving me new intel heatsink for 500 and local branded fro 200 which should i buy

Beta Waves

Journeyman
done alreadybut still are a noise cumming.this wasn't a case with windows xp.any munual tweak can be done to lower temp

My friend has a laptop which has Kubuntu 7.10 installed. It has an inbuilt utility to underclock the processor i.e. whenever the system is idle or if you are running any light application the CPU clock will be reduced and if you run a resource heavy app the clock is set to stock speed ( I don know whether it overclocks). May be this utility can be used on desktops also. check it out.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post the following question, but here goes :

I have an Intel Core2Quad q6600 G0 (2.4 ghz). I overclocked it to 3ghz , but then I noticed the CPU temperature started shooting up above 70 degrees. I'm using the stock Intel heatsink. So, can anyone please recommend a good heatsink to keep the temps below 70 degree celsius and preferably 60ish.

My budget is around Rs.1500-Rs.2000, and I live in Coimbatore (TN) , so I doubt if I'd have easy access to some of the fancier hardware like the rest of you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom