RedHat Linux Installation Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
I need help...while installing linux it gave me an error msg, can anyone help me what could be the problem..
The ERROR " ERROR INSTALLING PACKAGE

THERE WAS AN ERROR INSTALLING REDHAT-RELEASE-9-3. THIS CAN INDICATE MEDIA FAILURE, LACK OF DISK SPACE, AND /OR HARDWARE PROBLEMS.THIS IS A FATAL ERROR AND YOUR INSTALL WILL BE ABORTED. PLEASE VERIFY YOUR MEDIA AND TRY YOUR INSTALL AGAIN. "

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Red Hat 9 is a very old distro, get a newer one like Fedora Core 5, OpenSuse 10.1, Mandriva 2006.0 or Ubuntu 6.06.
And if you still want to go on with Red Hat 9, check if you have any of the following problems
1) Do you have a SATA drive?
2) Did you make a separate partition for linux, at least 5 GB.
3) Did you check the md5sum of the cd? The CD could be corrupted.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
RedHat is very old. Try using Ubuntu 6.06, Suse 10.1, Mandriva 2006, Fedora Core 5.
Since these distros have the latest drivers for your hardware. So forget about RedHat.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
did u see the logging screens.
Press Alt+f1 thru f7(yes these are available during setup, u even have a terminal where u can issue commands) to see all screens and possibly locate a better expelanation of error. or atleast see what was happening just before the error.

otherwise install the minimum packages. most prob ur media is bad. u can then later add/install all the remaning packages.

OP
prateek_san

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
thanks for the help guys will look forward to those tips.... i guess my LInux CD is source of the prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom