Record telephone calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydraHeaded

Broken In
Hi,

Is it possible for broadband users to record telephone calls? My ISP is BSNL, modem is Huawei SmartAX MT 882.

And yes, is there any download manager for free users of Rapidshare, which will increase (even slightly) the download speed?

Thanx.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Yep :D its possible to record phone calls. I have a similar setup at home, good for blackmailing people :D

Oh yeah, you need a 56K modem to do it.

Here are my steps to do it:

1. From the wall socket, you have a cable to the splitter, and from there two branch out - one to the BB modem, other to the phone.

2. Connect the one to the phone, to the 56K modem.

3. Buy another similar cable, and connect one end of it to the 56K modem(There should be two slots for phone lines in the modem) and the other end to the phone.

There are several softwares for recording phone calls. Google for "phone call recorder" to find them. All of them IMO are shareware. Means you either have to buy them, or look for an illegal version, which sadly cannot be discussed in this forum :)

*img227.imageshack.us/img227/7867/phonerecorderiw3.th.jpg

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
Good explanation, excuse me for my stupidity, does the computer remain connected via the broadband? It would be good if you showed in the diagram where the computer is actually connected.

Good explanation, excuse me for my stupidity, does the computer remain connected via the broadband? It would be good if you showed in the diagram where the computer is actually connected.
As Dheeraj said, u will be plugging the cord which is for ur phone to the modem..U r nt going to disturb the cord which goes to ur Router...so Internet will work smoothly.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
One constructive use i see is the answering machine.

what you say guys?

How to convert pc into answering machine?

also, why only Broadband users can record calls not normal users?

prasad_den

Padawan
@ dheeraj: Thanks for the nice info..
Me too having the same queries as gary. What about people without BB..?

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
It works for ALL computers. The thread starter mentioned that he has a broadband, so I made a pic which has the BB modem etc, so that he would find it useful to connect the wires etc.

For non-BB users, it simpler.

Before:
Wall Socket -> Phone

After:
Wall Socket -> 56K Modem -> Phone

Just take off the Splitter and BB Modem from that diagram, thats it. I have been using this since long before I was using BB, so it works.

And edited steps for non-BB users:

Here are my steps to do it:

1. From the wall socket, you have a cable to the phone.

2. Take off that cable from the phone's end, and connect it to the 56K modem.

3. Buy another similar cable, and connect one end of it to the 56K modem(There should be two slots for phone lines in the modem) and the other end to the phone.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
@Gary-You can use it as an answering machine. The best software I've used till date is IVM by NCH Swift Sound. I've used the old version. The newer version has lot more features. Give it a shot ;)

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Oh, sorry about that Gary, I totally forgot. But I must say I agree with phreak0ut here. IVM by NCH Swift Sound is one of the best. It is also a trial only, but it has a LOT of features, which other similar software may not offer. I have used an illegal version, but the features it has are enormous, one can seriously consider buying it for office etc. It completely OWNS these tiny answering machines.

Check it out at: *www.nch.com.au/ivm/

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Oh, sorry about that Gary, I totally forgot. But I must say I agree with phreak0ut here. IVM by NCH Swift Sound is one of the best. It is also a trial only, but it has a LOT of features, which other similar software may not offer. I have used an illegal version, but the features it has are enormous, one can seriously consider buying it for office etc. It completely OWNS these tiny answering machines.

Check it out at: *www.nch.com.au/ivm/
Thanks a ton, will install drivers of my modem and then install this software.

Q:How to utilize Fax features of these so called fax modems?
I mean to send/receive fax messages

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I dont know about sending/receiving faxes. I have a fax modem but I havent tried anything with it. You might want to google "send fax using fax modem" or wait for another experienced forumer to reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom