Recommendations for a bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
i got a chance to sit on a pulsar (not ride it) belonging to an acquaintance of mine.

both my feet reach the ground like this!! :(

*img194.imageshack.us/img194/8915/toeriselateral.th.jpg

i dont have any problem handling it in normal equilibrium conditions. but i m not too sure how things will be whn i will need to control the bike when standing in signals and with a pillion rider.

cutting the seat by arnd 5mm is an option.
my friend after a long thought said, i sud be able to manage it (without cutting the seat) n get used to it in a week's time. probably didnt want to hurt me.
your honest thoughts plz.

utsav

damn busy...
^^ have u ever tried apache?? atleast sit on it and then see whether its comfortable to u or not :|

apache ,FZ and unicorn are bikes which have great control which pulsar lacks and i hav heard countless incidents where ppl hav accident on their pulsars bcoz of the front disk getting locked up pretty soon even widout panic braking.

iinfi

mekalodu
i test drove unicorn tdy.
went to yamaha to look @ fz16. i find it way to huge for someone as thin as me, though lighter. bro didnt like it at all. so thats ruled out.
a tvs showroom here now has changed to a suzuki one. so cud not look @ apache. drove gs150R, n found its seat is slightly higher than unicorn meaning only my big toe hits the ground.:|
went to bajaj. tested pulsar and discover 135.i liked both.
on all bikes (unicorn,pulsar,discover) my foot hits the ground as depicted in the pic in my abv post.
cud not test apache as i cud not find a tvs showroom in my area. the one which was there has got converted to a suzuki one.

i m confused, i like unicorn > pulsar 150 > bajaj discover 135 > honda shine
i find discover much easier to handle while pushing and hoisting it on the stand n things.

meanwhile is the unicorn seat long n wide enough to seat ladies Indian style?both legs one side. ever tried anyone?

on road prices in panvel (navi mumbai)
Pulsar 150 Rs.66184
discover 135 Disc Rs.56200
discover 135 Drum Rs. 53000
unicorn Rs.64080

all in all my heart says unicorn head says discover 135 since i find it easier to manage it.
well if i do think abt discover which one to go for, drum break or disc?
quite a lot of questions. can u plz take time to help :)

iinfi

mekalodu
added:
jus incase someone need the foll. info
honda shine drum: Rs.52777
honda shine disc: Rs. 55146
suzuki gs150R: Rs.66576

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
apache seat too is bit lower than pulsar, as per my experience.
and FZ jst looks bigger coz its fat. Actually its length, weight etc are lower than pulsar/unicon GS150 or even discover. And i found footing the ground easiest on FZ, then RTR an so on.
on FZ, u feel too much stich to the machine, as the rider is sitting in a dip b/w the huge tank and raised pillion seat. Handling is the best in 150cc class, though i dun commend on mileage.:-D

I found the brakes best on FZ, mainly due to better road grip as it got wide tyres front and rear, and also due to the larger front disc [larger than all 150cc and same as R15s].

utsav

damn busy...
apache seat too is bit lower than pulsar, as per my experience.
and FZ jst looks bigger coz its fat. Actually its length, weight etc are lower than pulsar/unicon GS150 or even discover. And i found footing the ground easiest on FZ, then RTR an so on.
on FZ, u feel too much stich to the machine, as the rider is sitting in a dip b/w the huge tank and raised pillion seat. Handling is the best in 150cc class, though i dun commend on mileage.:-D

I found the brakes best on FZ, mainly due to better road grip as it got wide tyres front and rear, and also due to the larger front disc [larger than all 150cc and same as R15s].

Apache RTR also has the same sized 270mm front disc brakes and infact better than FZ coz they r petal discs but FZ beats apache in braking by a small margin just coz of the wider tyres

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
@prateek.. 90-100 kmph in Himachal.. get over yourself.. when you enter Himachal at Parwanoo.. there isn't single straight KM of road where you can go near 90-100 kmph.. i've spent my 23 years riding bikes in Himachal.. and unless you go to Bilaspur-Mandi-Manali highway which is NH 21.. you can't touch 100kmph..

Go for Apache RTR.. awesome handling.. but its a little expensive i think.. personally.. Honda Unicorn rocks.. you can also try CBZ-Xtreme... its tall.. don't go for Hunk.. it sux.. and Fazer 150 costs 74k in HP my neighbour got it this week..

utsav

damn busy...
@prateek.. 90-100 kmph in Himachal.. get over yourself.. when you enter Himachal at Parwanoo.. there isn't single straight KM of road where you can go near 90-100 kmph.. i've spent my 23 years riding bikes in Himachal.. and unless you go to Bilaspur-Mandi-Manali highway which is NH 21.. you can't touch 100kmph..

Go for Apache RTR.. awesome handling.. but its a little expensive i think.. personally.. Honda Unicorn rocks.. you can also try CBZ-Xtreme... its tall.. don't go for Hunk.. it sux.. and Fazer 150 costs 74k in HP my neighbour got it this week..

*i32.tinypic.com/2d1rzx4.jpg

:lol: biking since when u wer in mother's womb?? :lol: :p :))

iinfi

mekalodu
meanwhile is the unicorn seat long n wide enough to seat ladies Indian style?both legs one side. ever tried anyone?

can smeone plz answer this question of mine from the previous post?

and lastly does anyone have a discover 135?

@ dOm1naTOr n others
thanks for your input. i will test fz16 and apache also (if i find a tvs showroom nearby)

Last edited:

staticsid

Team Digit
Oye dude ! You'll manage fine man... Both feet need not touch the ground flat... In fact only one foot has to touch (that's what normally happens). I'm just 165 cms tall ! I don't have any issues.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
i hv driven discover 135....its good...wont get as much high end speed as pulsars n all but 0-60 is comparable 2 150cc beasts... if u ok wit that no issue...trust me on that...

so 161cm means u r 5"3 inches tall... u can ride most of the 150cc once u get ur hands used to it...ya will have little hard time with a (heavy) pillion rider thats it....

in 150cc apache is best fr u....

Enjoy~!

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
@utsav.. abey yaar har chiz par utsav manane ki zarrorat nahi hai bhai :D ... just try to put things together.. and that was a typo... I'm 22 FYI.. and on a serious note.. you can't reach 100 kmph on most of the roads in HP..

iinfi

mekalodu
@ staticsid @speedyguy
thanks for your input. all the tvs dealers in my area v gone the suzuki way. so servicing wud be problem even if i buy apache. i m yet to sit on it. so forget it for the time being.

IMO
unicorn >> pulsar >> discover 135.
i sud book in 2-3 weeks time. will take time for funds to arrive. :) hope there is no news of bike prices going up... :|

btw ... i v completely hijacked liverpool_fan's thread....

@liverpool_fan which one are u gona buy?? r u frm mumbai??

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
he mite hv bought it.... so wont suzuki service provide for apache aswell...nehw u hv doubts on it then dont bother playin wit ur money...

unicorn is very kool n soft but its a bit bulky....even i felt it....m arnd 5"10 (178cms) n 74kg...

so try to test it well for urself b4 buying...make sure ur comfortable....judge how u wud feel once ur better acquanted wit it...dont try double ride so soon...gud luk...let us know ur decision!

ps: no news of price hike for bikes dont worry....ya cant say the same for petrol though :)

Enjoy~!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom