Recommendations for a bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams

Gracias Senor
Go for Unicorn..I am a proud owner of it for the last 3 years..no problems till now, engine is terribly smooth and mileage is good..u get 60+ in hiways and 55+ in normal city conditions. When I bought this 3 years bac, everybody used to ask me hw the bike fairs and askd abt mileage..tht too in the signals..was very proud those days.
Go for it, u wil nevr regret ur decision later.

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
dude i have made 2 longs trips with my unicorn ... from delhi to chail in himachal pradesh and delhi to kasuali again in himachal pradesh approx rode the bike 750 kms on both the trips, my bike is more than 3 yrs old now. and mileage i got in the highway was 60+65 kmpl, i was riding around 90-100 kmph .. so if you can increase ur budget unicorn is the bike....
very very less maintenance cost .. trust me on this...

utsav

damn busy...
dude i have made 2 longs trips with my unicorn ... from delhi to chail in himachal pradesh and delhi to kasuali again in himachal pradesh approx rode the bike 750 kms on both the trips, my bike is more than 3 yrs old now. and mileage i got in the highway was 60+65 kmpl, i was riding around 90-100 kmph .. so if you can increase ur budget unicorn is the bike....

Thats a very funny joke .on this 6th july, i wid my 5 friends went for a long tour and we covered 230kms in 3 hours and we never went below 80kmph and most of the time 95-110, i was riding apache and my friends were having pulsar and unicorn. I got a mileage of 35kmpl and the pulsar guy got 30 and unicorn got 38 .

Its impossible for you to get 65kmpl if you are averageing at around 90kmph .fuel consumption at that speed doubles so there is no way to get 65kmpl unless u ride @55-60kmph on highways.

azzu

AJJU
Wud u guys help him choose a byk or just make it y unicorn rockz thread ?
I am currently leaning on Yamaha Gladiator, but how is its service? In Delhi and Gurgaon, I mean. Also are the auxillary parts readily available for it?
Also I don't want a bike that needs high maintenance.

That was the main problem of yamaha bad service but now they hav hugely improved
Delhi and gurgaon got dealer network of yamaha
Go for it man

iinfi

mekalodu
hey guys
i v been thinking abt buying a bike for a long time but never went to buy one coz i m jus 161cm tall n quite skinny.
m now thinking abt FZ16 .... once u r done laughing .. :) ur opinions ... wat do you guys think. will it suit me?
none of my friends v one n i cant ride a bike well enough to test drive it.
m good at driving so learning it wud not be a challange. but i m wondering whether i can handle a 150 cc one. wont even get a good foot hold on the ground ....
my thoughts ... any expert opinion welcome :)

Last edited:

utsav

damn busy...
@utsav

wats makes u think that im joking... i know how much it costs me and how much avg i got ....

ya man maybe u hav the world's most fuel efficient bike which gives 65Kmpl mileage at 90-100 :lol:

wonder what mileage u will get at 60kmph ?? :p 100kmpl ?? :lol: :shock:

u made my day man , ha ahahahahahah :lol:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@iinfi
i own an FZ 16, its just an awesome bike in all category, but in mileage :(

and it suits short people much better than ny other bike. Its a fat kinda bike, but too easy for the foot. Im 173cm, but many opf my frens around 164cm says, its much easier to handle and to stand on foot too.
Moreover it has the weight of just ny other 125cc bike, ie 124KG [same as glamour], while most other 150 cc bikes are 145KG+.

DO you want ny more opinion?

iinfi

mekalodu
hey hey
thanks ... i was waiting for an opinion from you guys ...
i m jus having second thoughts abt fz 16 because of its cost. 73k is too much for me :|
this site says unicorn costs arnd Rs. 54k
*www.surfindia.com/automobile/honda-unicorn.html
unicorn price wise seems ok. but i m not too sure i will be able to handle the beast.
it was quite late whn i went to honda showroom on sat and that fellow had closed it. i will need to sit on it and see if i can get my foot on the ground comfortably.

any other comments? m confused....

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
unicorn is a tall bike, taller than most other 150cc ones. And unicorn too comes bout 65k on road, and FZ 16 ll be bout 6~7k more.

staticsid

Team Digit
unicorn price wise seems ok. but i m not too sure i will be able to handle the beast.

Unicorn is no beast. I have an old -first lot- CBZ (not star or extreme). And that is definitely heavier and taller than the unicorn. I've also put in a Karizma piston !

FZ is all looks, is what i've heard from some of my biker friends. Someone in the group recently bought the Suzuki 150 cc 6 speed bike, i dont know the name. They said its good. And 6 to 7k cheaper than FZ. If you want to go in for tried n tested then Pulsar is always an option.

I would say go for xcd 135.

Or the newly released discover 100, if mileage is so important to you. I own a discover 135, it is a really good bike. Robust, comfortable, quite good engine, economy of around 50 kmpl. It also has a longer wheelbase, so it is comfortable, especially if you are tall

iinfi

mekalodu
thank you for your input guys.
@prashanthnbhat and @staticsid
well i m jus 161cm tall n quite a thin fellow. hence the question of "whether it will suit me" came into picture ...
since i v a long work week i will v to wait till saturday to goto a showroom to actually sit on one n see whether my feet reach the ground comfortably in one of these 150cc bikes.
all 3 bikes ... i v read pulsar, fz16 and unicorn v a 790mm seat height.(i knw not many of you wud v bothered to look :) )
will chk on saturday n let u all knw what i plan.
thanks

iinfi

mekalodu
last question before i actually first get hold of one n see if i can actually hold the bike fine.
can some one plz let me knw the on road price of
pulsar 150cc
yamaha FZ16 mumbai
in navi mumbai?
unicorn as per their website is Rs. 63,911 in panvel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom