Recommend me some Good books for C/C++,PHP

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
The Conqueror

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Thanks mate :D,ya i kno. but was thinking of opinion from experienced programmers.i will get lynda.com tutorials

OP
The Conqueror

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
@gaurav_indian : yeah i am getting some good books as well with videos.and btw i learnt some basic 3d in maya from lynda.com , their tutorials are excellent.
If u want hard copy then try "Let us C"
Thanks , will try to get this.

How is for dummies series ? I read a lot of good reviews about this book on amazon.com

Last edited:

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
If u want hard copy then try "Let us C"
Uh man... that book is exclusively for programmers interested in Windows. If you want to be a global C programmer get this book - *books.google.com/books?id=3fZa9af1...:Hill&lr=&as_brr=0&source=gbs_summary_s&cad=0

This book is completely based on ANSI C that is supported everywhere. :)

chandru.in

In the zone
"Let Us C" encourages lot of bad practices. Esp due to its recommendation of TC which is in itself a dinosaur compiler. I'm talking till 5th edition. Don't know if things have changed now.

ANSI C by Balaguruswamy is a good one. But even that misses few important subtleties of C. The best way to learn C is "The C Programming Language" by Ritchie himself (along with Kernighan). It gives you implementation details of even the standard libraries. :)

But you need to be a patient. It may not be having a very analogy filled style like other books. But it has almost all details about C.

OP
The Conqueror

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Uh man... that book is exclusively for programmers interested in Windows. If you want to be a global C programmer get this book - *books.google.com/books?id=3fZa9af1...:Hill&lr=&as_brr=0&source=gbs_summary_s&cad=0

This book is completely based on ANSI C that is supported everywhere. :)
Thanks mate :D

"Let Us C" encourages lot of bad practices. Esp due to its recommendation of TC which is in itself a dinosaur compiler. I'm talking till 5th edition. Don't know if things have changed now.

ANSI C by Balaguruswamy is a good one. But even that misses few important subtleties of C. The best way to learn C is "The C Programming Language" by Ritchie himself (along with Kernighan). It gives you implementation details of even the standard libraries. :)

But you need to be a patient. It may not be having a very analogy filled style like other books. But it has almost all details about C.
I will try to get balaugruswamy , heard a lot about him as well as the ritchie's book.
Thank you

pooja dudhatra

Right off the assembly line
for c & c++ Balaguru samy is the best book. And let us c by yashvant kanetkar is also good for c.:p And I also don't Know about PHP:mad:.I think 21 days is good for it.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom