Recommend Blu-Ray Movies Collection

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hi :wave: all,

Suggest the list of movies that are worth watching in Full-HD.

Note:worthless movies(for HD) are not allowed :grin:

azzu

AJJU
^ i guess u shud check Must watch movie's thread...
there's no need for Separate thread in my opinion..

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

^ i guess u shud check Must watch movie's thread...
there's no need for Separate thread in my opinion..

I also write in that thread..but I believe that thread is dedicated to all movies u watch & not specific to BluRay Movies...

clmlbx

Technomancer
According to me HD is cool and necessary for all new wide screen monitors I watch every movie in HD. you should watch every thing in HD if possible and available. their are no movies which should not be watched in HD, But yes their are movies which u will enjoy most in HD.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I can think of only two movies where the detail made a big difference, Pan's Labyrinth and Pitch Black. The Pitch Black version is an extended director's cut.

BUmping thread for interest, wanna know which other movies are especially good on Blu-Ray
know this is going to be totally controversial, but am just wondering if Blu-Ray systems use some audio channels better, for example Gandalf's voice during the initial sequence with Bilbo after the party and firecrackers in the first LOTR movie sound different when watched on HBO and on Blu-Ray using an otherwise same setup
And the first 20 minutes of Star Wars Episode III, pretty amazing in HD, waiting for blueray

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Here is my list of Must Have Bluray:
- Transformers 1 & 2
- Peter Jackson's King Kong
- Jurassic Park (1993)
- Tangled
- Taken
- Iron Man
- Incredible Hulk
- IP Man 2

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Here is my list of Must Have Bluray:
- Transformers 1 & 2
- Peter Jackson's King Kong
- Jurassic Park (1993)
- Tangled
- Taken
- Iron Man
- Incredible Hulk
- IP Man 2
Jurassic Park isn't out on Blu-Ray yet. The Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy hits Blu-Ray this October.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Oh yeah id watch Iron Man on Blue Ray just for the credit sequence, but I skipped from mentioning it as the other parts are not that great.
Also, Enter the Void, good movie as it is but glorious on Blue Ray.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
@Dark Knight, again, regular version is as good, dark night in blue ray does not even have a killer credit sequence, and the movie is as enjoyable on hand held devices as well

unless you guiz are also talking about the extras that come with the Blue Ray releases, in which case, yeah the Dark Knight had a totally killer extra with all the tech behind batman explained in detail and compared to real life technology

Some Sequences in Matrix Revolutions are really good

suyash_123

Techno Freak
Tron Legacy.
AWesome Choise...

I also Recommend it to watch it 3D s it is jaw falling 3D effects !!

Is it worth for 1080p

how about Harry potter deathly hollows 2

harry potter 7.2 had release now in theatres!!
how can you even think to release on Blu-ray yet !!!!

have to wait at least 2 months!!!

BTW i watched it twice in theater in #D : Nice no Very nice Movie!!!

I suggest some Blu ray movie as:
1. AVATAR (the Magnificent visual effect movie)
2. Bourne Series
3. Matrix Series.
4. Transformer series.
5. Dark knight
6. Back to the future Series!!!
5. Any Michael Bay movie
6. Any Jerry Bruckheimer movie (Prince of Persia etc etc.)

Or else i love all Movies of Steven Spielberg and Christoffer Nolan Movie

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Basically any movie which has really really quick action is the bang-for-buck (errrm..bang for bandwidth) :).

For example Memento would be darn stupid on HD, but it is a good movie. On the flip-side a movie like Red Cliff (John Woo) would be a visual treat. Has a lot of dialogues, but when the action starts, it really rolls like hell. Gladiator is another good choice. It has wide angled shots and the action sequences (like the beginning siege) are superbly crafted.

Going to be watching 13 Assassins and Shaolin 2011 soon on 1080pi GODNESS.

aniket.cain

Padawan
I guess 300 would also make the cut, as it has some stunning visuals.
Also, Gladiator. The scenes are highly detailed in this movie and the close-ups also look intimidating. :D

Top Bottom