Recommend best wireless router for my need

SachinJ.

Broken In
Hello.
I am looking to buy a new Wireless wifi modem.My Area is 1700Sq.ft which I want to cover under wireless signals.
Some of my friends were saying Belkin N150 is good for me but i didn't think it would be sufficient t cover that much large area.my budget is around 2.5k,I am thinking about Belkin N300.
Please recommend some good modems.

Thanks

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
get TP-LINK TL-WR941ND 300Mbps Wireless N Router from FK .. @ 2.8k - absolutely worth the extra price.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
If you cant extend to that price range this one is an absolute steal for the price. It has very very good coverage too and has no competition at this fabulous price.

Check here TP-LINK TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Router - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Op is looking for a Wireless wifi modem and his budget is is around 2.5k and the TP-LINK TL-WR841N has no inbuilt modem .. if he can't go over 2.5K then TP-LINK TD-W8961ND is his bets bet.

BTW, even on yesterday TP-LINK TL-WR941ND was selling at 2.8k on FK but today the priced hiked to 3.3k .. same goes for the TP-LINK TD-W8961ND as yesterday it was 1.9k but now it's 2.35k !

OP
S

SachinJ.

Broken In
I have extended my budget to 3k.. and I have to finalize between three of the modems which i have found.

1.Belkin N300 Basic Surf -*www.flipkart.com/belkin-basic-surf-n300-router/p/itmdffysphy699cy

2.Cisco E900- Cisco Linksys E900 Wireless-N300 Router - Cisco Linksys: Flipkart.com

3.TP-LINK TL-WR941ND (recommended by topgear)- TP-LINK TL-WR941ND 300Mbps Wireless N Router - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com

Suggest the best one from the above & thanks to all.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
You should change the Subject of your thread to a WiFi Modem or ASDL and not just Router.
And that Cisco is just a Router.Im confused as to what you actually want?

OP
S

SachinJ.

Broken In
You should change the Subject of your thread to a WiFi Modem or ASDL and not just Router.
And that Cisco is just a Router.Im confused as to what you actually want?

sorry I'm bit confused between Router and Modem thing....Could you please elaborate the basic difference between these two?

Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Modem vs Router - Difference and Comparison | Diffen
modem vs. router Definition from PC Magazine Encyclopedia
Difference Between Modem and Router | Difference Between | Modem vs Router

Basically, a router gives only wireless capability to your existing net connection .the modem can replace the one given by your ISP and has a router inbuilt .the choice whether to go for a router or modem.

Shiva

beanstalk_230

Broken In
Do not buy Cisco E900. I have the router minus the modem. Coverage is dismal. Still miss my Asus N13u which conked off due high voltage a year back. Even I am looking for something better now but unable to decide. Have used netgear in the past and it was a very pleasant experience with decent speeds even on G & good range.

Top Bottom