Reboot and insert proper boot device error. -___-

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
I am getting this weird error message sometimes when I am turning on my PC.
Its not happening everytime,but at times,instead of the "windows" loading screen I am getting a black screen with the message "Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot media" . When I go into the boot menu,The HDD isn't shown there in the boot sequence selection option. But when the system works normally the HDD is shown there. Don't know what the problem is.It happens at random times.Any help??

P.S:- I have tried changing the boot order to HDD first and other variations.Not working. :\

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
I already set the boot order 3-4 times. :\ And sometimes the problem disappears when I restart with the usb mouse disconnected(not always though).Its not an HDD problem since i have tried 3 HDD's.

Will try the jumpers.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
check the cables & the slot where the cable gets fitted well. i2 faced same problem many times. at last know both cable & the slot have slowly gone bad. bowever mine is IDE & i don't have any USB mouse.

try to update ur bios it could be due to bios issue

you already OC your proccy?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
ok but i think you should have ran it for 1 week before doing the OC. still its ok. BTW, what is the load & idle temperature?

Top Bottom