Reasons not to buy cheap andros

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
Here are the reasons why you shouldn't buy "le cheap andros"...

1. Battery
the cheap indian andros dont have battery more than 3.5hrs and some even have less than 2hrs talktime....

2. Service
the service of indian brands is pathetic... give them the phone and forget it for at least a month...

3. Android version
these cheapos have old versions of android which the company never bother to upgrade after launch...

4. hardware
these phones use low quality hardware which will turn your android experiece horrible... for eg.
NO DLNA- Streaming not possible on all devices....
Slow GPS- GPS lock on takes much time and sometime it doesnt even lock.

5. screen
these phone either have a resistive or highly reflective touch screen... also some phone have 2.8inch screen which is to be avoided..

6. Developer support
expect very less support from developers, so negligible custom roms...

7. Built quality
the built quality is very low for these phone, just drop 'em from a little height and you will get a malfunctioning device...

8. Audio
sound quality of these phone is even less than lower end nokias or samsungs.... your ear will blame you if you use 'em.... :p

9. Everything
in all these phone are just cheap, have less hardware specs than the minimum required specs and are just to fool you... So stay away from them....

The cheapest phone you can go for is Samsung Galaxy Y... Anything cheaper and your experience will be ruined....

Last edited:

Sarath

iDota
Hmm...thanks for that. I was looking for a sub 10k android for a friend despite similar apprehensions. You've confirmed them today.

OP
pramudit

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
Thankx everyone... Hope it will help people realise why they shouldnt go for indian andros....

Vensanga

Journeyman
Good post...as we just plan to buy our first android we will stay away from a cheap android phone...

Krow

Crowman
Might be good but huawei service... Huh... Hardly any shopkeapers have huawei handsets and there service centre are hard to find....

Well you have me stumped there. But you haven't been looking for huawei's service centres either. :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
a lot of the current desi mobiles and even some mobiles from Dell & Motorola are based around Huawei & ZTE mobiles. even Acer sells rebranded mobiles but all these needs to be avoided for just 1 reason: battery. a 1200mah battery from samsung is lot better than a 2000mah battery from Huawei or any such company.

Krow

Crowman
^Huawei Sonic's 1400 mAh battery does last longer though. Technically Dell uses ZTE's batteries even in the XCD 35 AFAIK.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I got an Dell XCD28, which is Dell in name only. In reality it is the ZTE Racer. When I am browsing the net on it, I can literally seen the battery indicator reducing before my eyes. Lots of custom ROM support though.

Top Bottom