Reasons not to buy cheap andros

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Is there any alternate battery for Dell XCD? I hear that Nokia BL4c too fits but have not tried yet.

OP
pramudit

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
Is there any alternate battery for Dell XCD? I hear that Nokia BL4c too fits but have not tried yet.

you can use any battery thats get fit in battery compartment provide that-
the terminals of battery are same as original
the battery voktage rating is same
and finally, your new battery is not damagaed :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
but in case one fits a higher capacity battery on one with lower capacity, the mobile will only charge till the point of old battery. some guys tested Defy with Defy+ battery and found charge getting stuck on 80-85%

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Does it have anything to do with the battery or the phone is programmed to use only that much battery?
Posted via Mobile Device

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
mobile is programmed to recognize the battery as a whole and show the charge level or accept charge. so even if you fit in a 1800mah battery on a mobile with originally 1500mah battery, mobile will think it has a 1500mah battery and charge it till 1500mah and then stop.

OP
pramudit

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
mobile is programmed to recognize the battery as a whole and show the charge level or accept charge. so even if you fit in a 1800mah battery on a mobile with originally 1500mah battery, mobile will think it has a 1500mah battery and charge it till 1500mah and then stop.

But higher capacity just means that it wil have higher number of ions and the potential difference will still be same... And current is directly proportional to voltage[ohms law]....
Then how could mobile differentiate battery with different capacity..¿¿¿

R2K

In the Zone
So what are the advantages of android over any other mobile OS/ platform ? I'm thinking of getting an android ditching my 1 year old Nokia handset .But its hard to justify the purchase unless there is considerable difference between both. (Also 20K + for a phone ain't that cheap)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
But higher capacity just means that it wil have higher number of ions and the potential difference will still be same... And current is directly proportional to voltage[ohms law]....
Then how could mobile differentiate battery with different capacity..¿¿¿

Mobile knows its battery capacity as time of manufacturing. so when charging it counts the amount of current passing through the terminals and halts charging at 100%. so if you fit a 1800mah battery, mobile will still feel it has a 1500mah battery and halt the charge process as soon as it detects 1500mah charge enter the battery. this is what i feel happens. in real life things mayn't work like this :smile:

So what are the advantages of android over any other mobile OS/ platform ? I'm thinking of getting an android ditching my 1 year old Nokia handset .But its hard to justify the purchase unless there is considerable difference between both. (Also 20K + for a phone ain't that cheap)

Other mobile OS = Symbian, Blackberry, iOS, WP and a few others that are no longer used (linux, meego, etc).

with all the above OS, other than iOS the other 3 lack apps. its not about the sheer number of crap apps but if you have more choice, the better. Also Android have an extremely huge number of free games which are paid in most other platforms.

Next is the OS itself. Android is customizable. both by DEVs at the core or by user at just the UI level. which is limited in case of other platforms. Also as it is open source, so you no longer need to worry about official updates (nor do manufacturers care about the same). Its really hard to go for official updates or other mobiles once you use Android cause its not amazing everyday. its amazing every minute. every minute you can have an almost new and different mobile :razz:

But remember Android lags irrespective of you having a 5k mobile or a 25k mobile. in an attempt to differentiate their mobile from the rest manufacturers customize Android for their mobile which actually acts like a bloatware.

OP
pramudit

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
@osthe i am happy that it helped you.... :)
you have expanded it, will see mine post too to explain a bit more... currently busy in exams.... :(

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
instead of going for sub 8 k phones , save some money and get phones like sammy galaxy ACE.. its a good phone and sammy has always got great after sales service

Top Bottom