Re: how to find compatibility between GPU and motherboards

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
hey guys i've been seeing a lot of awesome graphics cards coming up and i've love a to get a new one...but i dont have any idea if a new graphics card would work with my motherboard...so is there any site where i can get a compatibility test done between motherboards and graphics cards...!!????

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
All the members in this form are happy to help you. The only thing you gotta do is to choose the right section before posting. Your question will fall under Hardware Q&A category. you could have posted that in this forum to get full support.

Hardware Q&A - Digit Technology Discussion Forum - Tech Discussion Forums in India

Btw, coming to the question, If you have a PCI-E slot, then.. you are good to go with any type of card. Motherboard manufacturer, chipset manufacturer will not do much of a difference here.But,You might be bottleneck'ing your GFX card if you have a 2.0 card and your slot is 1.0. So, if you are buying a 2.0 Card, make sure that you have a 2.0 PCI-E slot.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
hey guys i've been seeing a lot of awesome graphics cards coming up and i've love a to get a new one...but i dont have any idea if a new graphics card would work with my motherboard...so is there any site where i can get a compatibility test done between motherboards and graphics cards...!!????

First post your motherboard model number here..then only we can tell
you whether your motherboard supports new graphic cards or not....

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
ok i'll take care about the category of the post next time....and my motherboard is Intel DG41RQ.....

and how do i tell if i hava a PCI-e slot ??? should i check the motherboard specs on the website..??

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
DG41IRQ has a 1.0 PCI-E card. Which means.. you can use GFX card you want... if you have a decent PSU to juice it up.

Gollum

Collector
Mention your complete pc specs.
Also if you buy an expensive card, which will probably be a pcie2 card, you should better change your motherboard too along with the power supply.
But if you buy a cheap graphics card then no need for any change.

Top Bottom