Razer's Tiamat delivers 7.1 sound straight to your ear canals

tkin

Back to school!!
Is the new Razer Tiamat the first true 7.1 surround sound headset, as the company claims? Maybe, but more impressively, it's the world's first set of cans with 10 discrete drivers -- that's five in each ear. The left and right ears each have three drivers dedicated to that side, and both pack a "center" channel and a subwoofer to round out the required eight lanes of sound. Most surround sound sets call it a day with eight drivers but, surprisingly, the two extra speakers here don't add much to the cost. And, for the control freaks, there's an in-line volume remote that lets you adjust each channel individually. You'll find PR after the break and the Tiamat 7.1 on shelves in Q4 for $180.
Say WTF?? :shock:

Source: Razer's latest Tiamat headset delivers 7.1 sound straight to your ear canals -- Engadget

Razer: Razer Tiamat 7.1: Elite 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset - Razer | For Gamers. By Gamers.

Sarath

iDota
It has seen so many delays that many expect it won't make it into production. :| A pity really. It's been pushed to March yet again this time.

lordirecto

In the zone
Really? How will the sound quality will be? Tell me how a 8 driver headphone performs, and maybe I can extrapolate. And the sound stage? Frequency response?
Which headphone has 8 discreet drivers!? I got too many questions!!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
It's not about the number of drivers but the implementation.

Here is OP's post the drivers are meant for sound positioning if I assume it correctly.

But in case of custom IEMs the frequencies are distributed to the drivers, something called crossover.

A good example is Unique Melody 6 driver custom IEM, UM Miracle.
*i.imgur.com/XSV5V.jpg

Last edited:
OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Gulp! Price? :shock:

They look awesome. Are there the ones that were reviewed in Headfi?
Thats probably 1000$ least :wink:

Really? How will the sound quality will be? Tell me how a 8 driver headphone performs, and maybe I can extrapolate. And the sound stage? Frequency response?
Which headphone has 8 discreet drivers!? I got too many questions!!
LOL, dunno man, just wait for it to be released, don't expect this to match sub 200$ audiophile stereo headsets, these are for gaming, hence the 10 driver(8+2 for bass), it will probably have very good positioning support, I'm waiting for review as well.

Top Bottom