Razer keyboard ENTER button not responding...Help

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Hey guys,i have a razer cyclosa keyboard which i bought in may 2011...the warranty is for one year...Since yest...The ENTER button which is above SHIFT button has stopped working altogether...Now can this be repaired??It is out of warranty & i didn't want to throw an expensive keyboard just because one or two buttons are not working...what should i do???Can it be fixed??

tkin

Back to school!!
Most probably not, from next time buy Logitech, they have much better build quality than Razer.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
okay now the ENTER button is working in between...but i have to press it twice or thrice...ahh dammit..can't the keys be removed & fixed or something??

tkin

Back to school!!
Rip it out, pry something below it and yank it out(it just comes off), clean it and re insert, you may also want to clean the membrane by removing the under panel from the keyboard(undo the screws), I won't be held responsible if you break it.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Also are razer known for quality issues..i bought this keyboard mouse combo after the recommendations by tdf members..are other razer users also facing some issues???

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ Razer used to have good build quality, now its gone down the drain, almost all of their 3g laser mouse suffered from double click issues, some early, some later, that's why they give 1 yr warranty in india, compared to logitech who gives 3 yrs because they have confidence in their build quality.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
ahh sucks....thought i was paying for quality...anyways i think i have to buy a new keyboard now..thanks tkin...

tkin

Back to school!!
Get logitech this time, if you want razer only go for blackwidow mechanical, those last longer.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
erm can i get a good gaming logitech keyboard for about 2000

wait..wtf...the ENTER button working now...just realised..its when i start my pc...the ENTER button refuses to work..after few hours..it starts to work normally...what kind of shitty problem is this??HELP

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
erm can i get a good gaming logitech keyboard for about 2000

wait..wtf...the ENTER button working now...just realised..its when i start my pc...the ENTER button refuses to work..after few hours..it starts to work normally...what kind of shitty problem is this??HELP

Gaming KB under 2K?
Get Microsoft sidewinder x4 @2.2K
That is only and best option in @2K budget

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Gaming KB under 2K?
Get Microsoft sidewinder x4 @2.2K
That is only and best option in @2K budget

erm..is my budget too less for a gaming keyboard..i thought if i got razer cyclosa for about 2500 which is actually a decent kb..surely there must be a good gaming kb for 2K..ok i can increase it to 2.5k...Any better????

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Microsoft sidewinder x4 is a very good gaming keyboard. You won't get anything better under 3.5K.
Avoid Razer Cyclosa/lycosa/mirror etc. They are not reliable.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
^^ Microsoft sidewinder x4 is a very good gaming keyboard. You won't get anything better under 3.5K.

was doing a check on sidewinder x4...hmm not bad...wasn't looking for over the top gaming keyboard..so this seems fine..also how is the quality of this microsoft keyboard??I didn't have a good experience with my current razer cyclosa keyboard...though the razer KB have good ergonomics,few buttons seem to have stopped working..so i am moving out of razer now..i was also searching for warranty period on this microsoft keyboard..couldn't find it..how many years is it??Razer had one year & it fails right after completing a year..what about microsoft?

Minor Addition:- Could someone also suggest me a good laptop mouse for about 500-600 bucks..i know this is not a buying help section but i am getting more help here than the hardware section...

tkin

Back to school!!
Microsoft hardware is good but warranty is one year, but its build quality is definitely better than razer, for mouse, get this: Logitech M115 USB 2.0 Mouse | Mouse | Flipkart.com

If you want mini mouse: Targus Ultra Mini Optical USB 2.0 Mouse | Mouse | Flipkart.com
But mini mouse have bad reliability and will fail soon.

Wireless mouse for a slight high amount: Logitech M 185 Wireless Mouse | Mouse | Flipkart.com

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Microsoft hardware is good but warranty is one year, but its build quality is definitely better than razer, for mouse, get this: Logitech M115 USB 2.0 Mouse | Mouse | Flipkart.com

If you want mini mouse: Targus Ultra Mini Optical USB 2.0 Mouse | Mouse | Flipkart.com
But mini mouse have bad reliability and will fail soon.
Wireless mouse for a slight high amount: Logitech M 185 Wireless Mouse | Mouse | Flipkart.com

ahh damn..1 year again???What happened to kb with 2-3 years warranty??Anyways..will look into it..thanks a lot...thanks for the mouse suggestion as well...

sharang.d

Youngling

x6 comes under 3k!

Also MegaMind found one g110 for 3.4k locally in chennai

koolent

Youngling
What I prefer to do is, open up the screws, Rip it apart, take the chip thing off, wash the plastic with water, take out the membrane, wash with water, wipe the chip thing with a wet clean cloth while the plastic and membrane dry and re-assemble ! and lo ! if it has its life, it is bound to work. This seems like a case of something getting in the way of the keys and preventing the conductive headers from making contact with the chip's electrical heads.

If it has life, it will work, if it is out of life, throw it in front of Razer's any branch etc. and the only option left is to get Sidewinder X4, FINAL DEAL :)

Top Bottom