Rate my gaming rig.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksrao_74

Broken In
First of i wud like to give props to all those who helped me decide on the config. Plasma Snake, Dominator, Desibond,harrypotter,channa,toofan etc u all guys are awesome.

Now that my core elements are decided, i have some doubts regarding LCD, Speakers and UPS.

1.Reg LCD: I've finally zeroed in on Dell 24" Monitor(not the ultrasharp one tho)which is costing me around Rs.18K. Instead of going for a Dell 24 inches can i connect Samsung LA22A450C1 LCD to my config????which is Rs19000...
If yes which is a better option Samsung LCD TV or Dell LCD Monitor?
In case of Dell is it possible to connect PS2/PS3???

2.Reg Speakers: I have three options in mind viz Klipch Promedia GMX 2.1:cool:, Altec Lansing MX5021, Logitech 2300. I have read rave reviews on MX5021 but they look too simple and ordinary. I kinda liked Klipch 2.1.....but need ur thots on the performance

3.Reg UPS: Need a good reliable UPS of reputed brand.Need the rating of the UPS capable of driving my config for at least 10minutes.and rough pricing;-)

4.Reg MB: Which is better MSI X48 or Gigabyte X48????:confused:

Purchased these a cpl of days ago..........:p

*i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo135/ksrao_74/22092007637.jpg

*i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo135/ksrao_74/22092007648.jpg

*i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo135/ksrao_74/22092007649.jpg

Klipsch Promedia GMX A-2.1 Speakers:
Most of you may disapprove of this buy but I just loved them....coming to quality of the audio..its KLIPSCH, so has to be good.

*i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo135/ksrao_74/22092007626.jpg

*i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo135/ksrao_74/22092007627.jpg

*i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo135/ksrao_74/22092007629.jpg

*i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo135/ksrao_74/22092007630.jpg
(hell yeah.... I need a good TV-Stand):p

Once again a big props to Plasma Snake, Dominator, Desibond,harrypotter,channa,toofan,,,,,,,,,,

toofan

Technomancer
Congrats dear :)for your dream machine(Is it only your dream I dought?;))

It looks awesome. Now on one pic I saw lots of wires. Please tie them short and arrange them so that they might not look ugly. The next thing you need is computer table and try to mount the LCD on wall this will gave you proper distance to watch such a large screen. I have problem gazing my HPw1907 a 19 inch, you have 24.

Now could you post the actual price of each and every part and its a little detail why you bought that. This will help other forum members who are having a dream to have a machine like you.

OP
K

ksrao_74

Broken In

It looks awesome. Now on one pic I saw lots of wires. Please tie them short and arrange them so that they might not look ugly. The next thing you need is computer table and try to mount the LCD on wall this will gave you proper distance to watch such a large screen. I have problem gazing my HPw1907 a 19 inch, you have 24.

Now could you post the actual price of each and every part and its a little detail why you bought that. This will help other forum members who are having a dream to have a machine like you.

thx bhai.........:-D

here are the prices
Proccy--------8000(actually i got this from my friend so yet to pay him.......so not sure of the exact price)
Gfx-17500
Mobo-12600
Cabby-4700
hdd-3800
kboard-950
mouse-1400
psu-6600
ram-4200(2X2GB)
headfones-9000(sennheiser 515-6690, hd201-2000)
op drive-1300
speakers-11150(think i got ripped in this dept:mad:)
hdmi cable-750:p
netgear router-6500(didnt post the pic)

so totally costed me around 92K including VAT.......
yet to buy a monitor..........dell 24 inches but lil confused a to which one to opt for ultrasharp or the normal one...........
normal one is 21000
ultrasharp-50000
actually i have a friend who said he'll get me an ultrasharp for 35000(including tax)and norma;l one for 18000.............my doubt is that is the ultrasharp really worth spending double the amount?????????

btw will i be able to play crysis at decent resolutions(if not @ high resolutions) with the above config?????????cuz ive heard that with 24 inch monitor its hard for the 4870 to play crysis
:confused::confused::confused:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Buy the normal one. 50k for a monitor is not justifiable.

And I dont think you will have any problems with playing Crysis with that monster. BTW, you would have been better off with an Altec Lansing MX5021 :).

OP
K

ksrao_74

Broken In
^^Buy the normal one. 50k for a monitor is not justifiable.

And I dont think you will have any problems with playing Crysis with that monster. BTW, you would have been better off with an Altec Lansing MX5021 :).

may be...i basically didnt like thier look.they might be a better performer but klipsch is no mean set imo.anyways thx bro

gr8 purchase dude

You got one hell of gaming rig dude....Congrats......

Congrats buddy on your purchase.
How much did it cost on the whole.
As toofan_nainital said, arrange the wires together :)

Post some game screens ASAP.
Congrats on your latest buy.

awesome d00d!

Nice pics!
And ohh..did i mention, Gr8 Screen. :d
Congratulations pal. :)

Congrats Dude ......... Good Purchase.
Game on ...........

thx brothers....

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
This is the review of normal one you have a over clocked one so you should not have any problem either.
*www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3341&p=13

go for Del's 22incher or 24incher. 24inch screen will require more viewing distance. And for more distance you will be needing cordless mouse and keyboard.(the space to provide viewing distance in any computer table is not enough for that big screen). then you will have to mount the screen on the wall.

But A 24incher will be good for watching movies. and for rest I think 22inches is more then enough and will be easy to handle.
I may be wrong but this is what I think.

OP
K

ksrao_74

Broken In
This is the review of normal one you have a over clocked one so you should not have any problem either.
*www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3341&p=13

go for Del's 22incher or 24incher. 24inch screen will require more viewing distance. And for more distance you will be needing cordless mouse and keyboard.(the space to provide viewing distance in any computer table is not enough for that big screen). then you will have to mount the screen on the wall.

But A 24incher will be good for watching movies. and for rest I think 22inches is more then enough and will be easy to handle.
I may be wrong but this is what I think.

thx bhai for the info........what i actually meant asking was that dell 24 incher being a 1920 x 1200 native resolution monitor will i be able to play crysis at such high resolution with a single 4870?

Neither HD4000 card can crack 30fps at higher resolutions however, after 1680x1050 you either need to turn the settings down or start throwing down additional cash for one of NVIDIA's more expensive cards or a Crossfire/SLI solution.
this is whats bothering me a lil.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
thx bhai.........:-D

here are the prices
Proccy--------8000(actually i got this from my friend so yet to pay him.......so not sure of the exact price)
Gfx-17500
Mobo-12600
Cabby-4700
hdd-3800
kboard-950
mouse-1400
psu-6600
ram-4200(2X2GB)
headfones-9000(sennheiser 515-6690, hd201-2000)
op drive-1300
speakers-11150(think i got ripped in this dept:mad:)
hdmi cable-750:p
netgear router-6500(didnt post the pic)

so totally costed me around 92K including VAT.......
yet to buy a monitor..........dell 24 inches but lil confused a to which one to opt for ultrasharp or the normal one...........
normal one is 21000
ultrasharp-50000
actually i have a friend who said he'll get me an ultrasharp for 35000(including tax)and norma;l one for 18000.............my doubt is that is the ultrasharp really worth spending double the amount?????????

btw will i be able to play crysis at decent resolutions(if not @ high resolutions) with the above config?????????cuz ive heard that with 24 inch monitor its hard for the 4870 to play crysis
:confused::confused::confused:

No. Instead of premium of 14k extra for the ultrasharp model, you can use that amount to buy something else. Like getting HD4870 X2, which is the fastest card at this moment instead of HD4870.

If you already bought HD4870, keep that 14k in your pocket and later get another HD4870 and use both in crossfire mode.

toofan

Technomancer
No. Instead of premium of 14k extra for the ultrasharp model, you can use that amount to buy something else. Like getting HD4870 X2, which is the fastest card at this moment instead of HD4870.

If you already bought HD4870, keep that 14k in your pocket and later get another HD4870 and use both in crossfire mode.

Ya this is the best solution to your worries. Buy another 4870 and it will become the fastest graphic solution available on this earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom