Raspberry Pi 3 released, has 64-bit processor, built-in bluetooth and Wifi.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
*www.raspberrypi.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/IMG_4090-500x334.jpg

Exactly four years ago, on 29 February 2012, we unleashed the original 256MB Raspberry Pi Model B on a largely unsuspecting world. Since then, we’ve shipped over eight million units, including three million units of Raspberry Pi 2, making us the UK’s all-time best-selling computer. The Raspberry Pi Foundation has grown from a handful of volunteers to have over sixty full-time employees, including our new friends from Code Club. We’ve sent a Raspberry Pi to the International Space Station and are training teachers around the world through our Picademy program.

In celebration of our fourth birthday, we thought it would be fun to release something new. Accordingly, Raspberry Pi 3 is now on sale for $35 (the same price as the existing Raspberry Pi 2), featuring:

A 1.2GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU (~10x the performance of Raspberry Pi 1)
Integrated 802.11n wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.1
Complete compatibility with Raspberry Pi 1 and 2

Source: *www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-3-on-sale/

Hrishi

Never used a raspberry pi before so wondering if this pi3 will have support for windows 7/10 ? I am planning to setup a low power HTPC and Download machine this year end but windows 10 in necessity.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

ankitj1611

Journeyman
Never used a raspberry pi before so wondering if this pi3 will have support for windows 7/10 ? I am planning to setup a low power HTPC and Download machine this year end but windows 10 in necessity.

It will not support windows 7/10 as it has arm processor.If you need windows support buy jaguar board...I am also waiting to buy it

Nerevarine

Incarnate

why windows if you want low power HTPC and download machine ? If this runs full desktop ubuntu, its perfect for that task

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA

Raspberry pi boards are known to be supporting GNU/Linux OS only.

- - - Updated - - -

Raspberry Pi boards are known to support GNU/Linux OS or open source systems only as of now.

A

amit.tiger12

Pi2 supports Windows 10 also, they mentioned that.
Don't know about pi 3

Sent from my Lenovo P1ma40 using Tapatalk

ankitj1611

Journeyman
Pi2 supports Windows 10 also, they mentioned that.
Don't know about pi 3

No! they mentioned for support of Windows 10 IoT Core Develop Windows 10 IoT apps on Raspberry Pi 2 and Arduin
Windows 10 proper experience is different from Windows 10 IoT Core

A

amit.tiger12

No! they mentioned for support of Windows 10 IoT Core Develop Windows 10 IoT apps on Raspberry Pi 2 and Arduin
Windows 10 proper experience is different from Windows 10 IoT Core
Ok thanks for info

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
can we use Raspberry 2 or 3 to set as android smart tv box + windows 7 or 10 pc

can we use 1 tb hard disk and install os on it mentioned above

how much power consumption it takes and what is the warranty period in mumbai ?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
can we use Raspberry 2 or 3 to set as android smart tv box + windows 7 or 10 pc

can we use 1 tb hard disk and install os on it mentioned above

how much power consumption it takes and what is the warranty period in mumbai ?

android smart tv box yes, no windows

Top Bottom