Rapidshare Issues

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by Apollo, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apollo

Apollo "Technologic"

I've been very frustrated over the past couple of days! You see, I've been downloading a large file which is split into archives(.rar)... there are 10 files in total which need to be joined in the end.

Anyway, I've downloaded 8 of them over the course of the week and now when I try to download the 9th one it won't let me. I've been getting the one-hour waiting limit, for free users, even though I'm quite sure I've done no downloading to justify it. Also, when the hour limit is up, and when I try to download it again... it says that my IP is already downloading a file which I'm sure it's not because I'm not downloading anything. This has happened since yesterday morning and I haven't really downloaded anything from Rapidshare since then.
    One thing that I've noticed that during the one-hour waiting time(which is displayed when I download the 9th file of the split-archive), I've tried clicking on some other Rapidshare links and they are downloadable... the java counter appears, etc. But I've never downloaded anything. This is highly inconsistent, isn't it?

What do you think might be wrong? I can't figure it out, for the life of me! I remember leaving my house and keeping the PC on download mode the day before yesterday and it encountered an interruption when the power failed while the download was in progress. This shouldn't affect the system, I think. I've rebooted several times after that. Cleared my browser cache and cookies and what not... Still to no avail.

2. puja399

puja399 New Member

May b the RS bot is getting intelligent more and more...!! :D

3. royal

royal New Member

this sometimes happens due to RS cookies,but since you cleared them this is not the cause :confused:

you could try a different browser ... see if it works :neutral:

4. OP
    OP
    Apollo

Apollo "Technologic"

What's an RS bot?

@royal
    Though Firefox is my choice of browser, I tried to download via Opera and IE-6 as well. No solution. :(

5. gary4gar

gary4gar GaurishSharma.com

6. montsa007

montsa007 ~Bulletproof Monk~

download and use rapidshare golden pack

search google for the same u will be satisfied

7. Manshahia

Manshahia Resident Fanatic

rapidshare tracks the IP address of our computer.
    Thts y we r nt permitted to download.
    Sometimes it says ur IP address is downloading a file, but i knw that i m nt downloading anything.

8. Sukhdeep Singh

Sukhdeep Singh Host4Cheap.org

Straight from Rapidshare.com ;)
    http://rapidshare.com/en/faq.html

Your system complaints about that I am already downloading files or that I have already downloaded too much. But I did not download anything! Whats wrong there?

Our system checks your IP-address in order to count the downloads. If you are getting this message and you really did not download anything, then you are using a proxy-server, which is used by other people as well. Even if you have no proxy-server set up in your configuration, there are many providers who force a transparent proxy-servers between you and the net. If you do not believe us, go to other pages telling you your IP-address (for example http://www.myipaddress.com.) But what can you do? You have to disable this proxy-server. If you are not able to disable the proxy-server, the only solution IS a Premium-account. Premium-users are recognized by cookies, not by IP-address. Unfortunately we cannot disable our IP-check, else people would download so much that we would have to close down this service completely. I hope you understand our situation in this matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.