RAM timing problems..

koolent

Youngling
Hi,

I am Kush Mishra and I have a 2 GB DDR2 RAM Stick, I have decided to buy one more 2GB DDR3 Module and I were wondering whether the timing will cause problems..

Please tell me how can math the timings of both the RAM Modules ?

I have to use the computer for 2 Yrs - 4 Yrs (depends) from now before going to Collage.. Will 4GB DDR2 be enough for me for 4 Yrs from now and would be able to run all the games or will I have to change to 8 GB DDR3 in future so I upgrade My motherboard and RAM to a 4GB DDR3 and a new mobo ?

Thanking you in advance,
Kush Mishra

Still waiting guyzz..

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Hi,

Will 4GB DDR2 be enough for me for 4 Yrs from now and would be able to run all the games or will I have to change to 8 GB DDR3 in future so I upgrade My motherboard and RAM to a 4GB DDR3 and a new mobo ?

Thanking you in advance,
Kush Mishra

Still waiting guyzz..

Cant say about next 4 yrs anyway.
New tech shows up sooner or later.

By the way DDR2 is a obsolete now..should say that way...SO THEY ARE QUITE EXPENSIVE
Consider DDR3 ..8GB will be recommended for gaming purposes...Mobo upgrade seems must now!!:cool:

OP
koolent

koolent

Youngling
^^ Ohk.. I think I can get a new Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2P+ Corsair 4GB DDR3 ValueRAM for 5.5k..?? Ryt?

Will buy 4 GB Module later when needed..

bt I am using Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 ON 775 LGA Socket..

Is it worth to to upgrade to DDR3 ?

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Upgrading mobo just for ddr3 ram wont be that helpful in boosting gaming performance.

Although apps and os response time are bound to get better.

But for a decent game performnce boost gpu/cpu is more important. btw mobo ram combo which u have posted looks decent.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Ohk.. I think I can get a new Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2P+ Corsair 4GB DDR3 ValueRAM for 5.5k..?? Ryt?

the mobo costs 2.6k and 4GB DDR3 ram module from corsair is 1.1k - - so you can get the combo under 4k ;-)

OP
koolent

koolent

Youngling
hmm.. I think nw upgrade is the best choice.. Locally I'll get it in abt 1k less as I will buy the following from the shop:

1) Corsair CX 430 v2 (Not bought yet, just updated the signature early)
2) Radeon HD 6770 from whichever company it will be available for a good price. (Not bought yet, just updated the signature early)
3)Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2P
4)Corsair 4GB DDR3 ValueRAM

I think Ill get 1k off... :) ;)

OP
koolent

koolent

Youngling
My budget for GFX is 7k, will I get Twin Frozr II/OC as I always like overclocking things.. LoL.. :) ;)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The cheapest HD6770 is currently available is GIGABYTE GV-R677D5-1GD @ 6.15k ( get it if you want to save some money for some other upgrade ) and HD6770 Twin frozr II is a little bit tough to find but should come within 7k ;-)

Top Bottom