RAM Recommendation needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
R

RMN

In the zone
a little off topic...
i have 4 RAM slots on my mobo and i have only 1 2gb stick witch is fixed on the 1st slot....can i fix to any other slot....want to see if that solves my GFX issue.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
First and foremost, you need to buy another RAM module with same timings as the Transcend one that you have and if you pair Transcend with OCZ or Corsair, Transcend will be a bottleneck. So, either get 2Gb Transcend or get a pair of 2gig corsair or ocz ram modules. You can then use 4gig corsair/ocz in dual channel pair and put transcend in the other channel or sell if off (only 64bit OS can recognize 4gig or more ram. 32-bit cannot access memory outside 3.5Gb)

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
@comp
yes i know its good to have the same brand and model for dual channel but like i mentioned the transcend i bought came up with bad memtest results so i don't want to buy it again.

on more Q.
in case im having trouble using them as dual channel can i disable the feature while the RAMs are physically fixed as dual channel?

There must be 4 DIMM slots in ur mobo. 2 pairs I must say

Put them in different pairs, that's all!

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
tnx guys...
so anybody wants to buy my transcend??:)

and is it a must that i should have a stick on the DIMM1 slot?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ There are four slots on your mobo with same color for each pair. You need to insert RAM modules in same colored slots. Can be 1,2 or 3,4 or 1,3 or 2,4. Depends on motherboard.

Just check the color coding on your mobo. Mine's 1,2 or 3,4

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
@desi
i meant when im using only 1 stick....my manual asks me to fix the RAM in DIMM1 when using only one stick...that's what ive done but since im having probs with my GFX card i just want to put the Single RAM in another slot...is that ok?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
should be okay as long as it works :)

anyways, get rid of that module and get OCZ/Corsair 2x2Gb kit.

Last edited:
OP
R

RMN

In the zone
i spoke to my retailer and they kind of agreed to replace my RAM.
the only other brand they have are HYNIX....what do you think?should i switch or just replace it for another Transcend 2gb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom