RAM Recommendation needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMN

In the zone
i already have a Transcend 2gb stick of 800mhz.
i want to buy a single 2gb stick and which one do you recommend?

tq

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
hmmm...if i get 800mhz of any other brand...will i be able to use it as dual channel along with my transcend?

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
actually if you wanted to use dual channel.it is better if you get one from the same brand..with the same specifications
there is a reason why people buy in pairs..no hassle of matching

but @rmn didnt your memtest came up with several errors...and you might wanted to claim warranty on that..and using the existing one in dual channel when it has shown errors wont give good results at all..i think

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
oh is OCZ a good brand?
@realdan
will i be able to get my RAM replaced?i mean how will i make them understand that its not working?

and which series from the foll brands shall i look for?(my primary use is multimedia development)
Kingston(Hyperx?)
OCZ(System Elite Series,Limited,Titanuim....etc)
Corsair(Dominator)

Last edited:
OP
R

RMN

In the zone
im buying it of ITWares and this is what ive shortlisted.
OCZ Value Series 2GB Edition

or

G.SKILL DDR2 PC2 6400

how are these models?
these reason why im not looking for the higher series is because im not a heavy gamer...i use my system for Multimedia Development.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Then get the OCZ without any second thoughts.... This doesnt mean that G-SKILL is not good... Both were good and you select one of them....

Select OCZ.... :)

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
ok tnx!
and can i get a RAM replaced because memtest is showing bad results?

btw i thought of buying gskill because it has a heat spreader

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Then its upto u....OCZ or G-SKILL..Both were good...
And no chance of getting replaced ur RAM unless its not in working condition or u have friend in that shop where u get that RAM....

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
actually if you wanted to use dual channel.it is better if you get one from the same brand..with the same specifications
there is a reason why people buy in pairs..no hassle of matching

but @rmn didnt your memtest came up with several errors...and you might wanted to claim warranty on that..and using the existing one in dual channel when it has shown errors wont give good results at all..i think

He's got a point

U'll get xtra 2GB 800MHz Tarnscend for Rs.1800 I guess.

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
@comp
yes i know its good to have the same brand and model for dual channel but like i mentioned the transcend i bought came up with bad memtest results so i don't want to buy it again.

on more Q.
in case im having trouble using them as dual channel can i disable the feature while the RAMs are physically fixed as dual channel?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Its a reputed brand.. they only memory related products...So trust em dude...

AFAIK there is no such problems i heard of Transcend RAMs...
So try to replace the existing one and get 2 Transcend 2GB stick..or get two OCZ or G-SKILL 2GB sicks... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom