adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
I had bought a RAM from Flipkart a year ago. I didn't use it as my processor is only able to use 3GB and i had a 2GB stick already installed. So now, i installed it just to check it and to my surprise, after installing it, BSoD was being displayed sometimes. Any help?

My rig-

Pentium D 2.8Ghz
GT 210
Biostar G41D3+

The RAM i installed - *www.flipkart.com/g-skill-nt-ddr3-4-gb-1-x-gb-pc-ram-f3-10600cl9s-4gbnt/p/itmd2ryssznzcn4f

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
So, do you really think the RAM caused the BSOD?
Maybe, it's possible. Can you try taking out both the sticks, cleaning it and putting them again? If it still is giving the BSOD, try running your system with only the 2GB stick, then, try running it with the 4GB one. This will help you ascertain the real cause, if the BSOD still occurs.

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
So, do you really think the RAM caused the BSOD?
Maybe, it's possible. Can you try taking out both the sticks, cleaning it and putting them again? If it still is giving the BSOD, try running your system with only the 2GB stick, then, try running it with the 4GB one. This will help you ascertain the real cause, if the BSOD still occurs.

its working fine with 2GB stick, but the 4GB one causes BSoD sometimes. I cleaned them both. I have installed 4GB one currently.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had bought a RAM from Flipkart a year ago. I didn't use it as my processor is only able to use 3GB and i had a 2GB stick already installed. So now, i installed it just to check it and to my surprise, after installing it, BSoD was being displayed sometimes. Any help?

My rig-

Pentium D 2.8Ghz
GT 210
Biostar G41D3+

The RAM i installed - *www.flipkart.com/g-skill-nt-ddr3-4-gb-1-x-gb-pc-ram-f3-10600cl9s-4gbnt/p/itmd2ryssznzcn4f

Your cpu has no such limitation .. it's the limitation of the 32 bit OS you're using.

As for your issue go with the above suggestion but make sure your ram module is running at 800 Mhz speed in bios. Also the voltage is set at 1.5v and if possible do update motherboard bios with 2GB ram module and then try the 4Gb.

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
ok so its now being read and now i'm testing the RAM. Its done 18% and and from test 0-2, there are no errors, 3 has 16, 4 has 485, 5 has 216, 6 has 1100+ and 7,8,9,10 haven't started :cry: :cry: the test is going on, i'll update when complete.

And found a solution to the capacity problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Your cpu has no such limitation .. it's the limitation of the 32 bit OS you're using.

As for your issue go with the above suggestion but make sure your ram module is running at 800 Mhz speed in bios. Also the voltage is set at 1.5v and if possible do update motherboard bios with 2GB ram module and then try the 4Gb.

will try x64.

- - - Updated - - -

*puu.sh/8U0tK.jpg
*puu.sh/8U0wK.jpg
*puu.sh/8U0zt.jpg

i couldn't complete it as it was taking too much time and i had to go for tutions. can you guys tell if its a bad RAM stick?

Last edited:
Top Bottom