• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

Ragnarok is now a prepaid game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
In a sudden action without notice soon after a 4 hour Maintenance all ragnarok players saw the following message on their client window:

Ragnarok is going paid soon. To get familiar to the concept of using a
pre-paid card and how to use it, you need to follow a set of simple
procedures.

This is mandatory in order to play Ragnarok Online from May 02,2005.

Please visit www.levelupgames.co.in for details.

Ragnarok was to be made paid in March but something help them up. I think now the no of ppl playing will decrease :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :(
 

z00m

Broken In
Guys its still not gone prepaid. They are just asking you to top up your account for "free" at the moment so people can understand the billing process when its finally goes prepaid.

You have to generate a card and pin number (free at the moment) .Enter it to top up ur account for free play for 24 hrs. Every 24 hrs u have to repeat it as one time top up is valid for 24 hrs only.

I would hardly say its unfair on their part as the game is bound to go p2p very soon.

cheers.



_________________
Help create biggest Indian Gaming Community sign up @ >>>OxideWar Forums<<<
 

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
I don't understand how it is rude on their part? It was always meant to be a paid game. Freebie time is over. Ofcourse the gamers will decrease in number, but those who will remain will be the ones who are passionate about the game. That will help the game grow. And with time, maybe even chances for other games liks WoW, City of Heroes or City of Villains to make an arrival on the Indian scene! Now that will be a day to look forward too!
 
OP
sujithtom

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Well after this is going to be made p2p there r cool stuffs w8ing for those who stay behind. Juno updates 2-2 job classes and things like double xp, double drop rate etc. Sorta cool na. I just hope the thing won't be expensive :-(
 

Apollo

"Technologic"
I still think that some servers offer free gaming of Ragnarok. A friend of mine from the Phillipines still plays it... on a free server.

Let me check with him and tell you where to look for it. ;)
 

playboy

Right off the assembly line
ragnarok sux it is just as boring as any other stupid strategy game.....its pathetic
 
OP
sujithtom

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Apollo said:
I still think that some servers offer free gaming of Ragnarok. A friend of mine from the Phillipines still plays it... on a free server.

Let me check with him and tell you where to look for it. ;)

PLZZ TELL ME HOW TO PLAY ON THOSE SERVERS :!: :!: :!:
 

escape7

What? Where? How?
playboy said:
ragnarok sux it is just as boring as any other stupid strategy game.....its pathetic

First of all ragnarok is not a strategy game. U feel the game is boring...ur opinion...lol :D
 
OP
sujithtom

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
it has a bit of strategy also escape 7. You must build u charcter according to ur wish and may make ur charcter a powerful killing machine or a useless piece os S**T.

Play boy i know why u got bored. I too was bored first time and dropped this game. At lower lvls u need good friends to make this game 'non-boring' After u can kill average monsters urselves friends r not tht necessery but u will have better time playing if u have atleast a few GOOD ones
 

escape7

What? Where? How?
i don't think building ur character will be called a strategy its simply what we want. (its my opinion...no need to start a fight on this topic) :wink:
 

c00l

Broken In
dont worry about paying fr Ragnarok
sooner or later there will be a private server in India which will offer free gameplay :D
 

escape7

What? Where? How?
c00l said:
dont worry about paying fr Ragnarok
sooner or later there will be a private server in India which will offer free gameplay :D

What r u talking about?
All of them will start charging after a fixed period of time.
 

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
sooner or later there will be a private server in India which will offer free gameplay

I dont think this game works that way , havent played it yet so I dont know. But if its like Everquest, WoW or CoH then theres not going to be a free based server anywhere. Its going to be pay to use regardless. You could try out Diablo Lord of Destruction for a free to use game ( Need to purchase game) but it definitely doesnt have the environment of an MMORPG.

PS. Im pretty sure that any MMORPG is going to need money to maintain their customer base.
 

shaunak

Tux Fan
z00m said:
Guys its still not gone prepaid. They are just asking you to top up your account for "free" at the moment so people can understand the billing process when its finally goes prepaid.

You have to generate a card and pin number (free at the moment) .Enter it to top up ur account for free play for 24 hrs. Every 24 hrs u have to repeat it as one time top up is valid for 24 hrs only.

I would hardly say its unfair on their part as the game is bound to go p2p very soon.

cheers.



_________________
Help create biggest Indian Gaming Community sign up @ >>>OxideWar Forums<<<


hey if its not now its tomorow.


hell the fact is its going perpaid, no. of ppl will reduce and the game wont remain fun without ppl, and many paying customers will leave too. all its popularity will eventually go down the drain. seriously they shoud figure out another way to make money (advrtising mayb) fr eg, havin cocacola in stead of portion as a revitaliser ;) and the description window would carry an cocacola add. this way it still could remain free but then again many woudnt like having branding is ther virtual lives too. so it comes back to square one.

last word either way we pay ! either with money or gameplay experience.
 

escape7

What? Where? How?
shaunak said:
hell the fact is its going perpaid, no. of ppl will reduce and the game wont remain fun without ppl, and many paying customers will leave too. all its popularity will eventually go down the drain. seriously they shoud figure out another way to make money (advrtising mayb) fr eg, havin cocacola in stead of portion as a revitaliser ;) and the description window would carry an cocacola add. this way it still could remain free but then again many woudnt like having branding is ther virtual lives too. so it comes back to square one.

last word either way we pay ! either with money or gameplay experience.

Yeah man, i agree with u. The can have bill boards also.
 

keen

Right off the assembly line
exx_2000 said:
sooner or later there will be a private server in India which will offer free gameplay

I dont think this game works that way , havent played it yet so I dont know.

There are certain 'private' servers which allow you to play the game for free ... but they are illlegal .......... :roll:
 

netcracker

Journeyman
This Free Servers are not in India So u need To Download A special Ragnarok...Also the rules are different and they(ppl who manage the servers)are the Boss....but wht the Hec it is FREE.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom