ಠ_ಠ
Re: Simulation Racing Games Discussion

CMR DiRT

New content uploaded to main site!

*www.codemasters.co.uk/dirt/index2.php

a YELLOW Subaru Video :twisted:

& new user video- (representation)
*www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=56947

MAN, this video rocks, they are showing the interface & all...(the video's streaming:D).

Interface- SUPERB :D

Niiicccccce Cockpit camera :D

Last edited:
OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

holy s**t :x

how the hell did i miss my Favorite Driver's Game?

GENTLEMEN, GET READY for Petter Solberg Rally*www.gamespot.com/pages/profile/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-24665137&user=humanclip*www.gamespot.com/pages/profile/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-24665137&user=humanclip :twisted:

Game Developer "Momentum" have already spent $4 Million , & i hope this game makes it to PC:D

Read more-
Momentum

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

NEW CMR DiRT Videos + Preview

*img.jeuxvideo.fr/photo/00F0000000487421.jpg

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

watch the first video, superb in-car lighting :twisted:

the sun light's just , its just...just...oh crap:D(not lighting), just watch the video & see for your self.

dont forget to watch the Rallyraid - Montero video.

man the detailing has been taken to next level , just see the engine shaking (vibrating) in the Montero. just like real life.

& the 6 car race is just awesome :twisted: & tough :D.

===========================
===========================

some useful Tips for CMR05 (will be useful for CMR DiRT too)

Hard Steer

As the name suggests, its hard to use, and do. I’ve started to test it today with mediocre to no decent result. It is basically a aid which turns your tires round faster, it doesn’t work IMO.
Using this feature whilst on the power your car says “Eh?” and smacks into a tree. Use it without the power and your car says “Eh?” and crashes into a tree.
When researching hard steer, I found next to no helpful information on this new technique to CMR05 - It isn’t even in the handbook - I think Codemasters thought “oh, we’ve got a free button here” and stuck it in!
Avoid this feature as far as possible. If you want something to help you get round a corner, try a Scandinavian flick featured below!

Cutting

Cutting is when you take a tighter line into a corner (or corners, like in a chicane).
If you’re co-drive shouts “cut” then do so, if he shouts “don’t cut” back off!
Another new command for CM5 is “watch this one” - do so, these are the most tricky corners in the game so treat them with a certain amount of respect. *First time I raced the Spain Track with the new command in it I smacked it in 5th gear and ended my race as I took large engine damage*
The basic things to look out for when doing this is:

Ditches - large gaps at the side of the road, the best option to get out of them is going into a lower gear and using sheer brute force to get out, look for a dip in the bank (reversing can sometimes be the quickest option)

Trees - Obviously if you have a tree on the inside of a corner its going to be a no go to get through with a cut, not necessary, try looking even further into the corner. There is a couple of examples especially in Spain and Finland which you can squeeze between two or more trees. (In CMR4 there are several examples of cutting through forests in Spain, Finland and Australia)

Rocks - rocks are the most difficult to cut with, you have two basic options when you approach them
Hit them
Jump over them
Hitting them I the most common occurrence but in UK especially, it is possible to catch air and clear the lil’ devils!

The Lost Art of The Jump

There has been a great debate on which way is the best way to take the haled jump, so here is some options and some techniques and you can choose you’re ideal one.

Lay up and land - as you approach your jump you come off the power totally, this will cause your nose of your car to rise so as you hit the air your car is very level and stable. As you hit the ground you will bounce softly, you have to be rather quick on applying the power again as with out applying the power just as you hit the ground you may loose control and come off the road
*success rating 8/10 *speed rating 6/10 *damage rating 8/10

Up and at ‘em - as you approach the take off point (right at the brow of the crest) apply the brake momentarily . This will cause the car to get its nose right down. Once in the air, full throttle so when you hit the ground you can safely steer away
*success rating 8/10 *speed rating 7/10 *damage rating 7/10

Full throttle - as the name suggests this is mainly point the car and let her rip!
*success rating 6/10 *speed rating 10/10 *damage rating ?/10 - depends on jump!

A few points: when your choosing which kind of jump your doing (attacking / defensive) make sure you know what is coming after it e.g.

“6 left into, big jump, straight 50, 5 left” - This is going to be a fast one, with plenty of room after the jump, so I would go for the “full throttle” technique because there’s no need to slow down.

“3 right into crest, narrows, 3 right” - narrows after the jump will mean you’ll have to take care as you don’t know what is coming up after it so personally, id cruise over it with a “lay up and land” so you have time to react to the immediate danger

“5 left, straight 100, big jump, into 3 right” - you will be hitting this jump in 6th gear and going flat out. Since there is going to be a hard corner straight after it you will need to slow down. Use the “Up and at ‘em” technique, but at the end be sure you don’t go into a 4wheel slide, this happens when you try to break and steer at the same time. To avoid over shooting this one, apply a little power on and off. (this technique is described in detail in the “using the power” section)

Using The Power

You know, its not always the case of nailing the power down and hoping for the best. Sometimes the best approach is applying the power gradually. Next time your on snow or mud try going round a corner half on the power, you’ll find that you will have increased control of you’re car, and you’re exit speeds are a lot higher that normal! - this trick works very well on high grip tarmac, but not too great on abrasive tarmac.

We’ve all had that feeling when we approach a corner and you just know you’re goanna over shoot. The normal thing to do is to pull the breaks on, this just results in you going into a 4wheel slide and going off the road into a well placed tree! Next time you do this, try this. Keep applying the power and turn it off, then on, then off, then on ... Etc… this will cause the wheels to gain grip (and if you’re turning your wheel) 95% of the time, you should be able to drive away from you’re mishaps with out half the amount of time lost, which you could have lost.

Braking - They Are There For a Reason

Every car has them, try using them. Believe it or not, using you’re breaks does actually help stages times.
A long, long, long time ago, I too was one of those people who thought, “hmm, breaks, they only slow you down. I need speed!” - as I crash my little Subaru into a tree. Here are some techniques:

The Scandinavia Flick: (my favorite style of cornering:)))

This is mainly used on snow, but it works on gravel and mud.
When coming to a “3 right” for example. Quickly rock your car by doing a right, left in quick succession, you will notice that the back of the car is now quite loose and wobbly. Shuffle down the gears and apply the breaks a bit at the same time as your right left shuffle and when just entering the corner hit the right button hard and break, then apply the power. The back end of the car should have swung round and you should be away safely
(note: this techniques sometimes causes you to over shoot corers - practice it!)

The Double Break: (manual gears only)

I worked this out my self and lay claim to fame to it. Sorry if someone else does it too!
This is mainly used on hair pins. When entering your hair pin, break heavily so you are kind of skidding (stay in your high gear for just now), then just as you’re reaching your turn in point shuffle down to 2nd gear and hit the hand break at the same time as turning in. as soon as you’ve passed through 90° come off the break and hand break and apply full power. On the exit of the corner you should be going in 2nd gear and accelerating very quickly.

source: codemasters forum

Last edited:
OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

around 7GB for minimal install :D, its somewhat good, i cud'nt play it well, my BMW needs some Engine Overhaul, maybe a engine change :D

BMW- my PC.
Engine - m/b

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

nope :(

right now my BMW has a 2-3 year old engine :(, i'm getting a new engine, gearbox & drivetrains by May end:D, so once i assemble them, its gonna be the Gaming - day in day out :D (ofcourse after work:D)

blackleopard92

In the zone

do u need a racing wheel for simulation games?
i got bored of arcade stuff that nfs has started catering.

i loved NSF V though, just enough simulation to keep the game intresting. is there anything similar in the market today?

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

for hardcore sims. you need a Steering wheel to get BEST lap times, but a Gamepad would be enough, coz you can give somewhat accurate steering inputs (with its joystick).

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

*sjc-static6.sjc.youtube.com/vi/ecZ_9K-Owz8/2.jpg
Colin McRae DIRT - FTO (Hillclimb/USA)

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

*sjl-static3.sjl.youtube.com/vi/hmyEhmYe_2o/2.jpg
Colin McRae DIRT - Saab (Rallycross)

nice video, this time lots of camera modes given, 2 cockpit views:D

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

no idea :D.

they say May-June, but still they've to post the car list, track list ...:D loooool.

X360 & PC on same day, PS3 version will have later launch.

Third Eye

gooby pls

s18000rpm: Do u have Midnight Club II ? :p
The game graphics are similar to NFSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom