Racing Games Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Any FANs of Simulation Racing games like Colin McRae 04, 05 ; Formula 1 series, NFS Porsche, lets discuss/share some Tuning / Setup & Strategy tips here.
& also some great moments in Games.

Tuning & Car Set-up Tips:

:arrow: NFS Porsche Unleashed.
Any car that you buy in "modern era" can be tuned for better handling, max speed...
for example: Porsche 911 Turbo (2000)
In "car setup" Increase the Downforce for Front ==>97/100, for Rear ==>93/95.
Install the Performance Upgrades(as usual).

If any one interested on setting "Gear Ratios" for race Class cars, then ask.

:arrow: Colin McRae 04/05

Before starting a 'Race' in Championship or Career mode,
==>take a good look on the "Stage INFO" of the two stages, (it shows the road surface type->light gravel, pea gravel., wet tarmac..)
==> & then Selcet a Appropriate Tyre.
==>Adjust the "Ride Height" acoording to the Track.
e.g. high ground clearence in Australian Stages will give better result + less under-body damage.

....more on request

:arrow: F1 Challenge '99-'02

Useful Only for those, who play this game with foll. settings ==> Drivers AI- more than 98%, AI Drivers Agression-> more than 40%; race length ->more than 35%

==>In Championship Races, Plan the Pit-Stops, Start-Fuel, Tyre Selection.

==>Always see the Info on Track condition before heading for Race.

==>In "Advanced Settings" you'll find lot of Tuning Settings.
e.g you can set the Engine+Gear box to give Quick(high) Accleration + Decent Top Speed, which is really needed in Monaco Circuit.

.....more on request.

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
Re: Colin McRae 04,05 + F1 Games Discussion

i like racing games, played most of them u listed. i like the F1 2002 by EA sports, its very challenging and demands lot of concentration. but never tried tuning the cars. yea somethimes did change the tyres. anyway tnx 4 sharing the info.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

I like every game listed except F1 ,too boring.

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

Website for Downloading MODS, Some MOD Tools..... *www.bhmotorsports.com/downloads

Last edited:
OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

Watch my Colin McRae Drift thru Corner.:D:D:D Video(0.8MB file)

btw i used FRAPS (full) for this, how the hell do i get Audio recorded along with the Video.
i configured it to record the Audio too, but the darn app. is not doin it:x

Last edited:

perk_bud

Journeyman

Hi s18000rpm nice to know that u to are interested in racing games I have played all the games u have mentioned except Colin McRae 05 I have played only the 04 version.

But the game i play the most these days is F1 99-02 2006 MOD.Although the MOD is spanish i manage to configure it using google translator.
Right now i'm playing Suzuka with both aggresion and AI skill set @100% whic i can i win. U need to manage laptimes of 1.33.00 to keep in touch with AI Laptimes . I have a personal best lap @ 1.32.075.

I would love to play against u someday and BTW do u know where i can i download the 2006 MOD(English version).

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

FINALLY a Simulation Racing FAN, YES!!!*smilies.sofrayt.com/^/aiw/yahoo.gif

i'm so happy:D:D:D*smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/f/2jump.gif

i too bought the F1 2006 Mod, i tried it on my cousins laptop, the gfx. was bad in it, so thats why i' havent tried it.

but i'll try it 2night.:)

all those modders did was, changed some audio (that too partially, which is real pain in butt:x), btw, is there any change in "Texts"?

btw for mods you can have a look @ CTPD 2005 , Black Hole Motorsports & BoomTown. (though boomtown servers are really slow)

i couldnt find 2006 mod, sorry:(

btw try to get the Colin McRae 2005, its a fantastic game, you'll surely love it.

much better gfx. & loads of tracks, like Germany, & each Country has 8 stages:shock: + 1 Super Special Stage.(not all country have SS)

In Colin McRae 04 (CMR04), which type of Gear box you use.?

& for F1, do you use Steering Wheel.? i'm using GamePad, with that itself i'm beaten badly if AI skill & Agression set over 85%.:x:D

the thing is that the steering input is not too smooth. (thru gamepad joystick).

when will you be free next week. i'll set up Hamachi server & then we can play online(LAN).

CMR 04 doesnt run this PC (runs fine on my cousins), the gfx. is corrupted, i tried updating..etc.etc.. nothing worked.

i guess i asked you too many Questions at a time.:D

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

Drift Baby.... Driiiift:D:D:D

my own In-Game Video:D

@ *img224.imageshack.us/img224/9897/76590975li9.jpg - YouTube.com - Colin McRae 2005 drifts

Colin McRae 2005 drifts...@ Rapidshare.com Born To Be Wild 1st Edition:D

watch the Counter Steer @ the near end of the Clip (@30 seconds):twisted:

Last edited:
OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

thanks man:D:)

i'll put some more 2morow, now doing some recordings:)

T

thunderbird.117

I got bored of racing games and iam no more part of their genre. Nowadays i spent more time on action adventure, strategy and adventure games.

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

mine experience was Exactly the Opposite:D

i got pissed off by Killing & Killing & more Killing:x (Max Payne1&2, Hitman3).

now i'm back to my good ol' pals Colin McRae, F1, NFS, GTR, GTR2, now waitin for Test Drive Unlimited:D

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

I :-x at your being pissed off by killing and gory games(as they are great):D.I rarely have played a racing game,so this is not for me.

T

thunderbird.117

s18000rpm said:
mine experience was Exactly the Opposite:D

i got pissed off by Killing & Killing & more Killing:x (Max Payne1&2, Hitman3).

now i'm back to my good ol' pals Colin McRae, F1, NFS, GTR, GTR2, now waitin for Test Drive Unlimited:D

In hitman. It is not necessary to kill. You can use stealth and you need loads of patience and time consuming.

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

i love killing in the games :twisted:, but there's a limit to it man, wtf mp 2 & Hitman, FEAR... all these games got so much AI to kill:x, it just gets boring sometime.

but take racing, (not NFS) like GTR, GTR2, CMR, in that you've to Set Lap Times, which helps in Strategy of your Race:D... its just THRILLING:D

try to get CMR05 or GTR2 & play it for sometime, then you'll know What i'm talkin:)
Shear Speed, Performance, Thrill...

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

s18000rpm said:
i love killing in the games :twisted:, but there's a limit to it man, wtf mp 2 & Hitman, FEAR... all these games got so much AI to kill:x, it just gets boring sometime.

but take racing, (not NFS) like GTR, GTR2, CMR, in that you've to Set Lap Times, which helps in Strategy of your Race:D... its just THRILLING:D

try to get CMR05 or GTR2 & play it for sometime, then you'll know What i'm talkin:)
Shear Speed, Performance, Thrill...
If you want to kill your ass of boredom,play doom3.If you really want to see what is the power of FPS play call of duty.

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

i guess as i'm Race Fan (F1 & WRC), i like Racing Games more.

played CoD too, man why does FPS genre have War games only:twisted:.

take Racing genre, theres hell loads of different types of Sub Catogories, i like the Simulation Cartogory much though:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom