Quiet and a Good powersupply for under 5k

Status
Not open for further replies.

popularbhaskar

Journeyman
I have 4 hard drives, 1 ide 160 gb, 1 ide 250 gb, 1 sata 250 gb, 1 sata 500 gb and a dvd writer. I have a local power supply of Rs450 and it makes huge noise and not all hard drives can be connected at the same time and if i do more than 2 hard drives. i believe my smps does not supply enough power for my pc. I was checking the cooler master 600w and Corsair VX 450 and TaganTG600-U37 .

i want it to be:
1. Less noisy
2. Good one

my configuration is

AMD Athalon X2 4400+
2 GB DDR2 800
Gigabyte M57SLI-s4

Can anyone recommend a good powersupply.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
antec ea 650~ coolermaster real power 550w. Corsair's psu are priced too much due to high sales volume. Honestly for your current system configuration (and keep only your current configuration in mind) corsair cx400 is enough.

OP
P

popularbhaskar

Journeyman
**A duplicate reply of the same is available in th next forum. just wanted to paste a copy here also***
Did you mean that Corsair VX 450 is the best option to go with? one of my IT beginner friend was telling that TaganTG600-U37 is a very known brand. But i was unable to find much of reviews about that in website/internet and decided to ask some experts like you. But would add Cooler master Extreme power 600w to cart and think for hours and close the website without buying it.
Btw.. I just have a Zebronics Rs.1200 cabinet. Should i change my cabinet as well if i need to change my power supply?
I was really breaking my head on thinking if i should spend some extra money and go for corsair 650 tx but the cost 7300rs makes me open my mouth wide wide open and keeps my wallet out of reach.
I am planning to get my system back to my village and grab a new system retaining the hard drives by the end of the year. But with my system smps i am afraid cant stay that long healthy. I might go with a Quadra Core cpu with a good motherboard with a 8000series or 9000 series graphics card. Will Vx 450 be good enough ?
^^^ I am really trying to get rid of noise in my comp. That will be my main aim as well^^^
Totally appreciate your help,,,
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
So.. Shall i rule out cooler master extreme power 600W-Sells in Ebay for rs3800.
Shall i also rule out Tagan 500- sells for Rs 3600

considering my above upgrade if i do should i still go with Corsair 450 vx?

Last edited:

surinder

Tech addict
Don't get so confused just get either of them :-
Budget = Antec EA 430 @3.3K
Performance = Corsair VX450 @4k
VFM+future proof = Antec EA 650 @5K
performance+future proof = Cooler master Real power 550 @5.5K

Remember all of above mention PSUs are 80 PLUS certified and Active PFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom