Quick Look at XFX 8400 GS

Status
Not open for further replies.

assasin

Banned
hey any1 of u hav the Vista SP1 Buil 6001 pre release released by Microsoft?
does it post max scores of 5.9 for hardware in Windows Experience Index or has it increased the max val of 5.9?

@choto did u run Lost Planet DX10 on the 8400?did ya try to oc it?

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
assasin said:
hey any1 of u hav the Vista SP1 Buil 6001 pre release released by Microsoft?
does it post max scores of 5.9 for hardware in Windows Experience Index or has it increased the max val of 5.9?

@choto did u run Lost Planet DX10 on the 8400?did ya try to oc it?

I think the vista Sp1 has leaked onto the net and has many bugs as its pre-release beta,don't know if any improvements have come.If anyone here has the service pack then it would have been illegally downloaded.Also check out my post in the gamerz section for the patch 1.4 for lost planet extreme condition.

assasin

Banned
^^^ i'm not speaking of the sp1 which is separately available for dl on the net.even i hav tht and its a fake.i'm talkig of the 3.2GB iso issued by microsoft.heard that it has a few improvements.neways will get my copy by next friday.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Harvik780 said:
If anyone here has the service pack then it would have been illegally downloaded.

Nope... not true... as its resled to the a closed user group of Beta Testing comunity!!!

and for information its still 5.9 is the highest !!!

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Choto Cheeta said:
Nope... not true... as its released to the a closed user group of Beta Testing community!!!

and for information its still 5.9 is the highest !!!
Yep i know that but its still not available for us normal users.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
cyberpyrate said:
hey i am contemplating buying this card. but i heard that the fan is noisy at full load?
is that true?

Quite honestly with my Cabinet and rooms fan :p i cant hear any thing :lol: but not much I would say, and mind u 8400 GS has option for FAN Less one too :D

cyberpyrate

Broken In
^^^yes.pretty nice overclocker
*www.overclock3d.net/reviews.php?/gpu_displays/xfx_8400_gs_256mb/1

@cheeta
i am from kol too.where didya buy it from?

Last edited:

anispace

dattebayo
i m thinking of buying this card(8400gs) and a Viewsonic widescreen LCD. any1 know d current price of 8400gs?

Also a few questions for choto cheeta>>
1. how do games look when run at 800*600 reso on ur Viewsonic widescreen monitor? coz 800X600 is not a widescreen reso.
2. did u run bioshock or any other gfx intensive games? can they be played at decent setting?
3. how do 4:3 reso videos look in widescreen? (coz i have some dragonballz dvdrips that r 4:3:()

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
^^How can you think of running DX 10 games on a GPU less than 8800 :? Well this is a card for the heck of it :| No offense .. but for a k or 2 I would buy 8600 :)

anispace

dattebayo
^^
ya i am aware of that, but i just wanted to know if they can be run even if at lower settings. coz i just need the gfx card for the monitor and some gaming.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Hey man thanks for the review..... a pal of mine got a sparkle 840GS today..... and i checked it out thoroughly. The package was a piece of **** but the card aint. Ran COD 4 at 1024x768 with everything high except AA n AF...... frame rates were good enuf...just over 30.
Crysis ran with everything low with fps of roughly 30( with occassional falls upto 20)......
Trust me if someone has to get a card in limited budget...this aint a bad card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom