Question : Keyword / Rank / New blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Hi all

i just want to know whether it is a good idea to port my 140 articles from blogspot to newly hosted wordpress blog ??

will it affect my rank of the new blog , wht about search terms or say keywords ??

i am mainly eyeing on making money...

so i dont want to spoil.... it..

wht shall i do ???

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
port the articles ... .make a post in your blogspot.. about the new venue of your site...

rank will only be affected after making other post i mean that after making some new post in your wordpress blog..

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
I think you should post them in your wordpress blog and delete the original posts from blogspot. Create a placeholder post in the old blog for redirecting users to the new one. Retaining the old posts instead of removing them is not a good idea, Google will soon notice the duplicate content and since their 'spider' is not as witty as 'Spiderman', it'll reduce the pagerank of new blog considerably.

mrintech

Technomancer
I think you should post them in your wordpress blog and delete the original posts from blogspot. Create a placeholder post in the old blog for redirecting users to the new one. Retaining the old posts instead of removing them is not a good idea, Google will soon notice the duplicate content and since their 'spider' is not as witty as 'Spiderman', it'll reduce the pagerank of new blog considerably.
+1

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i get a solid 2.5k traffic on blogspot daily...

and i think its all becoz of links pllaced in variuos sites..
wht shall i do guys..

u were right...debsuvra..

i google spiders see there are duplicate contents .. it will considerably reduce the page rank ....

any other way ??

dd_wingrider

In the zone
See labnol used to be on blogspot earlier when it moved to self hosted platform, they didnt delete the earlier posts and i am pretty sure till date they must be getting a decent amount of hits and money from that old blogspot blog.

So, if you are really worried about page rank and stuff, you can avoid porting the posts, but just give a message on top of blogspot blog saying you moved the site, giving a link back.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
ok... thnks guys...

ported them..

and planning to upate post differently on both the blogs... just for traffic... :-D

thnks for the advice guys... really helpful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom