[Question] FPS aiming on Gamepad for PC .. would it be same as console's?

AnkitS

Right off the assembly line
I am gonna buy a gamepad .. probably xbox gamepad for PC .. i want to know would it respond same as it did when i played on my xbox .. especially aiming for FPS game? .. would aiming be like same as console's or it wld be free-aim like mouse mapped on thumsticks .. i would play only the latest games

and pls suggest some economical gamepad for pc.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I have been playing FPS/TPS for quite some time now. Just Cause 2, Crysis 2, Battlefield 3 (SP & MP).

you need to get the sensitivity right, else your K/D Ratio will fall. controller cannot replace the sensitivity of a mouse.. I have seen this when I played COD4 recently(cause it didnt support controller).

you will get used to the controller after couple of days play.

heck im so used to it that I cant play using KBD/Mouse at all..

I just noticed that in BF3, of my 10K+ kills, 2.5 K is head shots.. thats 25%

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Unfortunately, on the PC, you'll have free-aim, unlike consoles which have auto-aim. It's best to tweak the sensitivity to your, as per your preference. I have played an array of FPS titles using this controller and can safely vouch for a good experience with it. This is purely based on my single player experience.

cyborg47

Technomancer
FPS games on PC's don't have auto aim, even when the gamepad is connected.
But gamepads are only good with racing, hack n slash, TPS and action adventure titles. I wouldn't use a gamepad for FPS at all. If you are used to it on the consoles, try practicing the kb/mouse combo on PC its way better ;)

Top Bottom